#91 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

Just gone though the whole thread. Sorry to hear this has happened too you and at this time of the year as well. My grand parents house flooded a few years back and I remember how horrible that was and it was no where near as bad as those pics! I hope you get you flat and your mini sorted and hope 2014 goes a little better for you.

#92 miniman24

miniman24

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

So far as the dipping/shot blasting is concerned, I would recommend dipping. It is usually more costly, but so long as the car is primered right after the dipping solution is washed off, the car will be truly rust and crap free :) The company I work for in holidays restores Triumphs and generally use dipping, its around £800 per shell. Hope the clean up goes well and you find items that can be saved!

#93 sledgehammer

sledgehammer

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

done - hope it all dries out soon

#94 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Ben, 

What do you need in the way of mini parts?

Perhaps if there's anything I can spare I could drop it off at your dads to save postage ???

#95 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

Thank you everyone for their kind words, encouragement, offers of help and donations. I am so grateful.

Today we have been mucking in together to get the flat cleared ready for the cleaning crew to clean up the mess. There is going to be a lot of building work required as the damage is immense.

I will try to add photos of where we are at now this evening.

Unfortunately i have not been able to get the mini out yet as the cars are still blocking the garage and we can't move them. I was planning to get my tools sorted and cleaned but there has been so much to do i just haven't had the time to even think about it.

I'm just having a sit down now and then will be going back to work through the night to get it finished.

We have had to chuck everything away now and my heart was breaking bit by bit as we were opening drawers and cupboards and finding irreplaceable items and keepsakes - all ruined.

When i had to break up our leather sleigh bed  to get it out i got quite tearful as it was bought with inheritance money and meant alot to us.

I must go for now but thanks again for everyone's generous thoughts and i wish you all the best for 2014.

Love to all

Ben

#96 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Latest thanks for their generous donations go out to

Chris Munford

Jonathan Leake

Charles Whight

Alasdair Wilson

Steve Harris

Carl Waldie.

I appreciate it so so much

Without these donations and Craig for setting this up, there is no way we could have coped

My partner Carla and I wish to extend our most sincere thanks and gratitude for the help given by each and everyone involved.

Ben 

#97 F1L8EY

F1L8EY

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

just a small donation... I'm also a carpenter by trade... if you need a kitchen fitting (i appreciate your landlord will cover this) but if you need one... I'm here.

The Mini Forum... like many of its sort is a Community!! and as a community i will stick by all of you one at a time... 

Christmas (as a Christian an a mason) isn't about presents... its about community and Family. 

i do not wish to preach on here.... my views are my own... but at  27 i am young and able to help others.

if i can let me know and i will.

Daniel Filbey (HM Royal Navy) the people make this country Great Briton ! 

#98 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

Christmas (as a Christian an a mason) isn't about presents... its about community and Family. 

27 and a Mason? Superb!

This forum is a wonderful place, and the fact we've raised over £500 for a fellow enthusiast in need is absolutely fantastic 

#99 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

just a small donation... I'm also a carpenter by trade... if you need a kitchen fitting (i appreciate your landlord will cover this) but if you need one... I'm here.

The Mini Forum... like many of its sort is a Community!! and as a community i will stick by all of you one at a time... 

i do not wish to preach on here.... my views are my own... but at  27 i am young and able to help others.

if i can let me know and i will.

Daniel Filbey (HM Royal Navy) the people make this country Great Briton ! 

Brilliant, just brilliant.

I can honestly say that i will always be willing to help others the way i have been helped in any way possible.

I never knew that an online community could come together like this in someone's hour of need.

I have never experienced such kindness in my life from such a community and as long as this forum is here for people to become firm friends and help each other out, then the world is a better place.

Mini people are the best.

Ben

#100 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Get yourself to Sittingbourne and we'll have a few pints!

#101 F1L8EY

F1L8EY

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

27 and a Mason? Superb!

This forum is a wonderful place, and the fact we've raised over £500 for a fellow enthusiast in need is absolutely fantastic 

also in kent for Christmas. I'm in Tunbridge wells till saturday :D

#102 F1L8EY

F1L8EY

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

PS... Dipping will rid all the rising mud you don't know about :D

#103 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

27 and a Mason? Superb!

also in kent for Christmas. I'm in Tunbridge wells till saturday :D

I'm in East Malling tomorrow! 

I'm at the Wifes Grannies tho

#104 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

I will be in Sittingbourne in the new year as soon as the insurance pay out for my daily and i replace it. Hopefully mid Jan.

I would defiantly be up for a pint!

My step dad has offered to pay for a rental car if not though so should defiantly be there. 

Cheers all.

Ben

#105 sam-wkd

sam-wkd

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

Only just back online and saw this - I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles and hope that 2014 will be a better one for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users