#1 Knob1

Knob1

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Local Club: Not in one :(

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:09 AM

I want to buy a mini 1275gt as a project and convert the engine to something a bit faster also going to put new dash seats ect I haven't brought the car yet I want to look into the engines i can get and price more but for the engine I've spoke to people and I don't want to go fully out on engine like vtec or anything where major work has to be done but people have told me 1.3 metro turbo engine should fit In with out having to do major work or much body mod but I have look for these engines and can't find any is there any other engines that I could use that I would see a good performance difference in the car and would fit in the car with out having to get custom front end or do and major work to

Edited by Knob1, 08 January 2014 - 02:25 AM.

#2 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Local Club: MINIS Unleashed

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

What is your budget and skills? Those will play a mojor part in the route you take.

Cheers

#3 Knob1

Knob1

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

W

Edited by Knob1, 08 January 2014 - 02:21 AM.

#4 Knob1

Knob1

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:19 AM

Well i didnt know how much i want spend yet I've never done something like this so i have no clue how much it will cost, could you give me some engines i could use and say how much it could come to as i want to find everything out about this before i go ahead with the plan i am a mechanic i have a garage and the tools needed

#5 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Local Club: MINIS Unleashed

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

Personally I cant answer that question, as I have not done any conversions or serios mods. However, there are many threads on here where people have done such work. Use the search facility and hopefully that should give you some answers. But like I said initially it will all be down to money you have available. . Power =£££.

#6 Knob1

Knob1

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

Okay thanks i will have look through website

#7 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

Everything is a combination of money, skill and time. A lot of one means you need less of the others. As you are a mechanic you should be ok on the skill front. Just money and time to sort! Loads and loads of options. I would suggest you go to a few shows and have a nose at what others have done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users