ryomini

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:44 AM

Hallo hallo hallo

and a very happy New Year to all you mini fans wherever you are

actually I registered on the forum a long time ago............  I think when I first got my mini, but I can't remember the last time I was here, the Gameboy has kept me busy,

I'm quite a bof and getting gray in the beard,

we have a lovely white with black top as far as I know all original mini mayfair from 2000 so last year of production, it has a cooler which is fab in the hot summers here,

the car has and again as far as I know genuine 80 000 kms on the meter, runs like a clock and I do all my own maintenance (I'm a bike guy really...... )

it uses oil like an Italian mama but has perfect compression so me thinks valve seals are not so good

but it's a kind of blessing as I don't change the oil, I just top it up

in 2 years I've had to put in a new clutch slave cylinder, clean the plugs, adjust the valve clearance and put on a new rocker box gasket, otherwise totally hassle free

sorry this post is probably getting too long but what I'd like to know is, is their a good tutorial to a top end rebuild as I was thinking of lcleaning the top of the pistons, putting on viton valve stem seals and cleaning and lapping in the valves all at once

I don't want to modfiy anything but am open to suggestions, but as I said if there is a good picture tutorial of the head removal and replacement, torque settings, items required (gasket and so on) that would be supa dupa

thanks for reading and looking forward to meeting some of you out here again,

now where did I leave my Gameboy......... F1 race.....

Attached Files

#2 Gadgets

Gadgets

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:51 AM

Welcome to TMF. Have you got a Haynes Mini Workshop manual? Lots on Ebay and sometimes in the TMF forum for sale section?

Enjoy your mini

#3 ryomini

ryomini

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

Hello there

yep I have a manual in pdf but I don't think it fully covers the 2000 not that there may be many differences, but  I find generally

that I get a better job done and enjoy it more following a tuto from someone who has done it rather than going thro' the manual,

#4 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

Welcome to TMF, we don't seem to have many Japanese members but we know how popular minis are over there.

#5 ryomini

ryomini

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

UIF,

um, I live in Japan but I'm not Japanese,

but yes there are quite a few minis here, there was a boom about, well quite a few years ago I suppose,

nobody got any links to a tuto on a top end clean up ???

#6 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

Hi..and welcome to TMF and enjoy............... :proud:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users