7 replies to this topic

#1 robminibcy

robminibcy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

hi, I've been browsing tinterweb and have come across broadspeed centre dashes. They look like a standard centre dash but have a bit on the end with a rev counter. Its safe to say I'm a bit in love! I found some completed listing of I presume genuine ones for 800 odd quid!!! I also seem to remember seeing what I presume to be replicas at a show but they seemed to be made out of plastic that wouldn't normally even be used for packaging let alone a finished product!

anyone know where these can be got at a decent quality for less than the price of a whole car! My car already has a centre dash as standard so I only need the binacle bit.

#2 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

yes I saw them at a show last year ...someone on here will have the name of the seller............. :proud:

#3 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,850 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

Broadspeed-dash-mcr_zpsbb14e305.jpg

'1071bob'
MCR Forum Member:

http://forum.minicoo...1071bob?t=14436

The Dulles Dash only 59/6....

http://mk1-performan...dulles_dash.jpg

Edited by mab01uk, 20 January 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#4 mk1coopers

mk1coopers

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

It's a common misconception that these are Broadspeed dashes, there no evidence that Broadspeed came up with the idea, it's more likely that they may have sold dashes done by Vortz racing. Bobs dashes are a quality item, a great way of putting a rev counter in to an early car without drilling holes, they are designed to work with MK1 dashboards as they are a cover that is supported by a modified original metal MK 1 frame ( MK 1 3 instrument dashes are made of three parts), The Vortz dash does not need the internal supports as it attaches directly to the bulkhead, but you will be lucky to find one as they haven't been made for many years

#5 robminibcy

robminibcy

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

its the one pictured i like as opposed to the one in the link. Is it that style that the vortz one is? What sort if prices do they fetch?

#6 mk1coopers

mk1coopers

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

This is the Vortz one, not seen one come on the market for many years so wouldn't like to speculate on price, you can see some of the mounting holes on the top edge, the Vortz ones are much thicker and designed for the MK 3 onwards cars

Attached Files

Edited by mk1coopers, 22 January 2014 - 04:37 AM.

#7 wile e coyote

wile e coyote

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

Bit of luck you don't like the look of the Dulles dash .... the last one through fleabay went for:

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

ouch!!!!

#8 robminibcy

robminibcy

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

ooow that stings! As I said I want one for less than the price for f a whole car! Uts the other style I like anyway. There must be a market for stuff like this to be made to a high quality but not necessarily to exact designs just for people who like the look and style but arnt going for replicas or restoring the real thing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users