6 replies to this topic

#1 Stephenk20mini

Stephenk20mini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Hi Guys , Name is Stephen and this is my first topic,any info would be great.Im building a zcars vtec mini and everything so far is coming along nicely. The issue or concern i have is with the wheels im using, the are 13x7 ET-7, 4x101.6  with a centre bore of 65.1 mm JBW minilights.

when fitting them to the front drive flange which is a standard mini flange with big brake kit the wheel has no support surface to sit on, and because of this the wheel studs are therefore taking all the weight  of car which cannot be good! and because of the flange design  a collar cant be used to make up the difference between the tiny lip on flange and the inner centre bore of wheel which is 65.1mm bit long winded but i hope it makes sense if anyone has come across this before Any help would be greatly appreciated.Attached File  zcars brake 2.png   429.84K   8 downloadsAttached File  zcars brakes 1.png   446.34K   15 downloadsAttached File  zcars brake 4.jpg   35.44K   5 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by Stephenk20mini, 04 March 2014 - 07:00 PM.

#2 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Stephen

My front wheels are supported only by the studs and do not center as you have described above, it doesn't seem to be an issue, as long as you tighten the wheel nuts up loosely first then the wheel will centre itself. The rears do sit nicely on the centre lip of the hub. I am using Image wheels so they might be slightly different from yours.

Good luck with the build.

#3 Stephenk20mini

Stephenk20mini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

Thanks very much for the response cptkirk that eases the mind, Had a good read of your build diary and its a masterpiece mate well done!!

My build has been slow i bought it in late 2009 and went together very well but then recession kicked in so just getting back to it now!.

Again cheers for the response mate and please feel free to help me out if you see another tech question from me lol..

#4 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:03 AM

I also have Image wheels that are centered by the lug studs only.

#5 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:57 AM

Thanks very much for the response cptkirk that eases the mind, Had a good read of your build diary and its a masterpiece mate well done!!

My build has been slow i bought it in late 2009 and went together very well but then recession kicked in so just getting back to it now!.

Again cheers for the response mate and please feel free to help me out if you see another tech question from me lol..

Will help out where ever I can.

#6 Stephenk20mini

Stephenk20mini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

cheers lads .

#7 Stephenk20mini

Stephenk20mini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

I also have Image wheels that are centered by the lug studs only.

Thanks for the response Birdman good to known people havent had issues with studs breaking! Puts my mind at ease now , Thanks again.

Edited by Stephenk20mini, 06 March 2014 - 09:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users