42 replies to this topic

#31 Shukran

Shukran

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

In my opinion the rears need wee spacers so that they fill the arches the same amount as the fronts, then they will be perfect.

#32 jsiggee

jsiggee

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

In my opinion the rears need wee spacers so that they fill the arches the same amount as the fronts, then they will be perfect.

I'm gonna leave it for now and see what it looks like when I eventually get round to lowering it. I think the rear subby is a bit off any way because it looks alright on the other side. Just gotta save for a genuine rear subby :S

#33 minimaxie

minimaxie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

I've been thinking about changing my arches to group 2's for a while now and can't make my mind up so could you please offer your opinion?

IMG_1702_zps4531bb27.jpg

Thanks, James

Personally pal, I would've gone completely archless, woulda really suited your car. It does look smart now you've done the GP2's though

#34 jsiggee

jsiggee

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

I've been thinking about changing my arches to group 2's for a while now and can't make my mind up so could you please offer your opinion?

IMG_1702_zps4531bb27.jpg

Thanks, James

Personally pal, I would've gone completely archless, woulda really suited your car. It does look smart now you've done the GP2's though

I have to admit it does look really good archless but I'm not sure I would get away with the poke from my wheels. The BWA GB minilites have a nice offset for 5J wheels so fill the arches quite nicely.

#35 minimaxie

minimaxie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

I have to admit it does look really good archless but I'm not sure I would get away with the poke from my wheels. The BWA GB minilites have a nice offset for 5J wheels so fill the arches quite nicely.

Fair enough mate, does look good. My standard Rover 12x4.5j Minilites now literally sit flush with the body with a bit of poke from the tyres. I imagine you'd probs be bordering illegal poke if you did run archless so fair play

#36 Tata Steva

Tata Steva

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:23 AM

Can you post a photo of the rear showing how new arches fit at the back . Do they go all the way pass the side seam and "curb" under bumper ?

Thanks.

#37 jsiggee

jsiggee

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:08 PM

Can you post a photo of the rear showing how new arches fit at the back . Do they go all the way pass the side seam and "curb" under bumper ?

Thanks.

Yep of course, this is the best picture I have of them at the moment but they are a really good fit. They have the same contour as the rear valance and hug the lip of it as you can see...

GP2ArchesCloseRear_zpsa1781606.jpg

#38 Tata Steva

Tata Steva

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

Can you post a photo of the rear showing how new arches fit at the back . Do they go all the way pass the side seam and "curb" under bumper ?Thanks.

Yep of course, this is the best picture I have of them at the moment but they are a really good fit. They have the same contour as the rear valance and hug the lip of it as you can see... GP2ArchesCloseRear_zpsa1781606.jpg

Thanks!
That's exactly what I needed to see...
These look exactly like the set it is on my upcoming 1995 Rover Mini from Japan... They are in rough shape, poorly painted and some screw holes are broken. I like the look, so I am after the new set. Yours looks like a match. I just hope I won't have to drill new holes in the metal...
Thanks again...

#39 jsiggee

jsiggee

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:18 PM

Can you post a photo of the rear showing how new arches fit at the back . Do they go all the way pass the side seam and "curb" under bumper ?Thanks.

Yep of course, this is the best picture I have of them at the moment but they are a really good fit. They have the same contour as the rear valance and hug the lip of it as you can see... GP2ArchesCloseRear_zpsa1781606.jpg

Thanks!
That's exactly what I needed to see...
These look exactly like the set it is on my upcoming 1995 Rover Mini from Japan... They are in rough shape, poorly painted and some screw holes are broken. I like the look, so I am after the new set. Yours looks like a match. I just hope I won't have to drill new holes in the metal...
Thanks again...

You're welcome. They are the Huddersfield spares ones just for reference. I was impressed with the paint match if I'm honest, I painted them myself with aerosols so I wasn't sure how they would come out. Hopefully you won't ave to drill new holes, I didn't in the bodywork, just in the arches as they are not predrilled. I just took my time and they went on well. Good luck with yours!

#40 Tata Steva

Tata Steva

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

Thanks for the info!
I will be ordering those in spring for sure. From the same place, thanks to your input... I'll post some pix eventually...

#41 Tata Steva

Tata Steva

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:28 PM

Damn!
I wanted to order a new set of chrome trim for my old arches from Huddersfield...
Check out process gave me a shipping quote of 82GBP(!!!) to Canada, for two chrome strips... I guess, no parts for me from this supplier...

#42 jsiggee

jsiggee

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

Damn!
I wanted to order a new set of chrome trim for my old arches from Huddersfield...
Check out process gave me a shipping quote of 82GBP(!!!) to Canada, for two chrome strips... I guess, no parts for me from this supplier...

thats pretty bad, i think i got my chrome strip on ebay, still may have been huddersfield though

#43 Tata Steva

Tata Steva

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:43 PM

Damn!

thats pretty bad, i think i got my chrome strip on ebay, still may have been huddersfield though

Thanks for pointing me in right direction!
Found theirs shop on eBay. UK and got the trim for normal shipping price of 8GBP...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users