11 replies to this topic

#1 turbominihaha

turbominihaha

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:25 PM

After paying the guys at Z-cars a visit last week I'm now hell bent on spending lots of money i haven't got on one of their Hayabusa kits,My minds already made up that I WILL be having one ,But wondered if there were any common problems that you guys on here had come up against during your builds which you have found may of been avoided if only you had been warned about them ???
also it would be nice to know from you guys that already live with a Zcars mini what kind of price insurance should i be paying and if you know any any good companies for said insurance? also like to know some boring stuff like mpg and tank range etc
And does any one else think a seperate Z-cars section on TMF would be a nice touch

cheers Lenny :P

#2 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:13 PM

lots of z-cars projects on here mate. I'd have a read through them and see what problems people face.

So many insurance variables but I got a quote when I bought my kit. I was 21 with 1 years no claims and it was £480 with Adrian Flux

#3 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:00 PM

lots of z-cars projects on here mate. I'd have a read through them and see what problems people face.

So many insurance variables but I got a quote when I bought my kit. I was 21 with 1 years no claims and it was £480 with Adrian Flux

You must be mid to late twentys now???
It been that long since you ordered your kit off z-cars!!!!! :P :P :P :)

cheers

#4 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:40 AM

err no I'm 23. Progress on z-cars kit ground swiftly to a holt when I bought the minus I'm afraid. I'll start again soon tho

#5 Spoonz

Spoonz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:44 AM

one thing im finding with z-cars is that so many things they show you and talk about to you they make you think its included in the price,,,,, its not, be warned,

if i were you save more money than you actually need, because you will probably need it anyway! .. . . . .

ask for the options list and your see what you get and what you def dont get, your be eye opened,, , ,

still a brill kit got to give it to them and they are really helpful, its just a shame saying full kit £5000 for a conversion and not giving you stupid stuff that you need to convert it ! ie) throttle cable swing bar extra £50....

spoonz

#6 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:03 AM

err no I'm 23. Progress on z-cars kit ground swiftly to a holt when I bought the minus I'm afraid. I'll start again soon tho

I'll take the minus off your hands if it will help you finish the Z cars! :P

#7 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:20 AM

one thing im finding with z-cars is that so many things they show you and talk about to you they make you think its included in the price,,,,, its not, be warned,

if i were you save more money than you actually need, because you will probably need it anyway! .. . . . .

ask for the options list and your see what you get and what you def dont get, your be eye opened,, , ,

still a brill kit got to give it to them and they are really helpful, its just a shame saying full kit £5000 for a conversion and not giving you stupid stuff that you need to convert it ! ie) throttle cable swing bar extra £50....

spoonz

The same could be said for most kitcar manufacturers??
I was going to put the Hayabusa in a westfied, i went to the factory, had the test drive, got the price list and came home and added it all up to the spec i wanted and it was way over what westfield said you could build it for but when they say it can be built for a figure it means no mods or nice stuff etc but you build these cars to be special so why leave them with grubby old bits fitted and items which would sacrifice safety and performance etc??
The theory behind the Z-cars mini conversion kits is theat providing your mini is a sound and solid vehicle and everything works, you should just remove the A-series engine and rear subframe, chop the flooor out, fit the new frame, plumb it and wire it and away you go but who would want to do that really??? I havnt seen one yet which has been left as a standard mini but just running bike power, everyone uprates and improves the brakes etc and gives them a fresh coat of paint and a new instruments and seats.
Anyway thats my 2 pennysworth!!! :P :)

Cheers

#8 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:04 PM

10 k is an achieveable budget. might be stretching it a bit tho to include a busa lump.

Jammy, some how I reckon the price I'd let it go for and the price you'd want to pay for it wouldn't be very similar...
...unless I put a KAD sticker on it. LOL

#9 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:16 PM

See, now why does everyone thing I dribble over all things KAD?? (Not saying I don't..)

I just like things that are different and no on else has, and I don't mind paying the extra money for them!

Have you got a KAD sticker to put on it... :P

#10 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:52 PM

what jammy really wants is for KAD to make him a woman :P

#11 SAILINON

SAILINON

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:58 PM

Sorry to hijack the thread, for the yankee (US guy) in the crowd, What is KAD?

Is there a website I can go to to see "All things KAD"?

Thanks y'all,
CJP

#12 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:01 PM

KAD :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic