18 replies to this topic

#16 wiggle

wiggle

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:43 PM

:lol: i did post that i had a 998cc engine but i have now put in a 1300cc so same question . twin weber carbs single weber carb ? on a 1300cc mini i want some what do you sergest and a link to any on ebay items would be helpfull thanks

#17 minivanman

minivanman

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts
  • Local Club: Backstreet Minis

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:51 PM

HIF 44 su carb is what most people recommend. if the motor is fairly standard, then there wont be much advantage to a weber. also the su fits a standard engine bay - with the weber you have to let a box into the bulkhead. if you've just fitted the engine it'll be a pain to take it out to weld the box in

#18 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:57 PM

Please stop quoting the entire previous answer in your replies, it's not like we can't read what's written above and all you are doing is eating up the forum bandwitdth which all has to be paid for.

Oh yeah, and why fit a Webber when you can fit a good, English carb which actually measures the amount of fuel it supplies rather than simply hosing it into the engine! :lol::lol::D

Edited by Dan, 19 June 2006 - 05:58 PM.

#19 wiggle

wiggle

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:39 AM

ok no problem but i am new to this forum thing dont post much so not used to it love a read tho :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users