Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

I would like to thank all the members who supported the fundraising efforts of one of my students. I can't find the thread so can't thank you all personally but you know who you are. We managed to raise enough money through a variety of events and last Monday I set off for iceland with 15 kids. All of them have learning disabilities, some moderate some fairly severe. The trip was a mix of a bit of science, culture etc, but mostly an 'adventure holiday'. Highlights were a glacier walk and caving in lava tubes (we went in the tight ones not the enormous ones most tours go to). The kids were fantastic and loved every minute. They all grew in confidence over the week and had a brilliant time. I have attached a few pics of the sorts of things we saw and did.

.Attached File  image.jpg   66.88K   20 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   50.99K   7 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   17.49K   6 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   32.31K   9 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   56.64K   27 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   78.87K   11 downloads

#2 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

Looks like a great trip. My sister works with kids with learning difficulties and it's hard work. Good effort.

#3 Mini ManannĂ¡n

Mini ManannĂ¡n

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:46 AM

Nice one Clive, that must have been amazing for all!  Iceland is one place I'd really, really like to visit.

#4 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

Looked awesome. Bet you all had loads of fun. Nice one

#5 leeuk

leeuk

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

Well done mate looks like you had an amazing trip, Taking young kids on trips such as this they will forever remember ;-)

#6 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

It was a stunning week, I am whacked now though. They are great kids but need a lot of help and I think we averaged about five hours sleep a night but even then you are doing rounds every couple of hours and listening to make sure they are ok. Its a stunning country and very bleak and alien in parts, which all adds to the experience for the kids. Every one of them had a great time and a few didn't want to come home.

As I said before thanks to those who helped out it has really made a difference, in total we raised £6500 in a year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users