Photo

Spi Power Distribution

Best Answer xrocketengineer , 30 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

The two relay pack brown wires come straight from the starter. There is a third wire on the same fusible link going to the O2 sensor heater relay. There is supposed to be three more brown wires on the starter lug, each with its own fusible link. One goes to the ignition switch, an the other two to the fuse box.

Additionally on the same starter lug, there is supposed to be two brown with purple tracer wires on another fusible link going to the alternator. That is all that should be from the factory on the starter lug.  

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 igander

igander

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

I've nearly completed a rebuild of and SPI mini. I've just connected the battery and nothing works.

I have 12v at the two brown wires of the relay pack, 12V at the alternator, but 12V no where else, not at the ignition swich, not anywhere on the fuse box.

I was expecting to come across immobilizer issues later but expected at least to get power to side lights, hazzards etc.

I guess many of you know this already but the Haynes wiring diagrams are not strictly accurate.

Suggestions or an appropriate wiring diagram much appreciated.

#2 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:29 PM   Best Answer

The two relay pack brown wires come straight from the starter. There is a third wire on the same fusible link going to the O2 sensor heater relay. There is supposed to be three more brown wires on the starter lug, each with its own fusible link. One goes to the ignition switch, an the other two to the fuse box.

Additionally on the same starter lug, there is supposed to be two brown with purple tracer wires on another fusible link going to the alternator. That is all that should be from the factory on the starter lug.  

#3 igander

igander

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

Feeling pleased, because it now works;

and stupid, because I'd mistaken the second three fusible links for an earth connection

Many thanks to xrocketengineer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users