2 replies to this topic

#1 littlenelly

littlenelly

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:27 PM

Hi, I've a problem with some 1.5 twin su carbs I've had put on to my British Open Classic. The accleration alittle sluggish but not too bad and the only way I can discribe it as it hicc-ups every now and than. I'd had 2 different sets of richer neddles fitted but does not seem to fix the problem. The car tickes over fine and sounds nice on tick-over and starts first time every time. I've fitted a 3 branch exhaust and a s/s RC/40 rear box but I've left the cat. in, could this have anything to do with it? and would it run better with out it. If anyone could give help it would be greatly welcome.............Cheers :'(

#2 crb

crb

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:47 PM

Hi, I've a problem with some 1.5 twin su carbs I've had put on to my British Open Classic. The accleration alittle sluggish but not too bad and the only way I can discribe it as it hicc-ups every now and than. I'd had 2 different sets of richer neddles fitted but does not seem to fix the problem. The car tickes over fine and sounds nice on tick-over and starts first time every time. I've fitted a 3 branch exhaust and a s/s RC/40 rear box but I've left the cat. in, could this have anything to do with it? and would it run better with out it. If anyone could give help it would be greatly welcome.............Cheers :'(

hi have just converted to carb all be it a single from an injection set up i left the cat in untill the bypass came and it run like a pig once bypass fitted runs fine hoe this helps. ta chris

#3 retrodan

retrodan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Local Club: kentish mini's

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:28 PM

what fuel pump are u running???? does it rev up then die, or start flat and then pic up??? what needles u using and what cc is ur engine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users