2 replies to this topic

#1 Gazz

Gazz

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:13 PM

:( Hi guys , tried using search couldn't really find anything suitable for what i'm after. When I buy my mini I am going to be getting a reasonable quality one with most likely a good paint job, however I will want to repspray metallic green flake fading to black.. mmmmmm...assuming the car is rust free and the paint in good condition what needs to be done as regards stripping the mini down ? Any help would be great

#2 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:10 AM

It depends.

Lets say you find a red mini (as an example).

1. you can get it done on the cheap, dismantle nothing major, mask the wheels, windows etc, and remove little things like the grille and lights. then, you open the bonnet or boot and see red paint. along with the door tops, rear 3/4 surrounds etc
20. you can strip the whole thing down to a bare shell and it'd be perfect!

Then, as you can tell, there are quite a few stages of "dismantling" inbetween. It all depends on how good you want it, how good it is to start with, and above all, how much time and money you want to spend on it!

"Assuming the car will be rust free and have good paint to start with" is a good-un! ^_^. Do you do stand up too! :( A "perfect" shelled car will be costing quite a bit of cash..... I'd not set your sights quite that high if I were you. Just look at Minisprockets project page on his "low mileage 94" car as an example. Ouch!

#3 Gazz

Gazz

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:01 AM

har har , well i'm just gunna see what I can get car wise in 998 for about 1.5k.. then probably stick some miglia archs on and get her sprayed lol..after attacking her with some sort of rust fighting weapon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users