#1 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

Hi guys,

This has been rattling my brain for a while now, i've been wondering what everyone else uses and ideas others may have, with the intention we can all share our storage ideas for those of us who don't have much room available and genraly just tips and tricks on how to make the most of space.

Some ideas i have are very crappy (Hence the thread i guess! :lol: )

#2 waddle

waddle

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

if your garage has a piched roof put some bords down and use it for storage 

#3 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

Lob the stuff in the house like some of us on the other thread on here do :P

Edited by megamini_jb, 06 April 2014 - 10:24 PM.

#4 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

Visit your local Iceland, if they do home delivery then they'll leave their stackable crates outside overnight. I worked at an Iceland for a few years and they didn't miss the ones I borrowed yet :P

Also, have less things. Less things = More room. 

#5 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

Lob the stuff in the house like some of us on the other thread on here do :P

I saw that thread :lol: , and thats my current method, although the loft weight of bits is cracking the parting wall so time to try something.....closer to earth shall we say :proud:  :proud:

#6 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

Built a table which goes over one of the minis bonnets and over my mums bike then, stuff gets put on the table
574738B8-C6B6-4CBB-8626-BC6A03163977_zps

#7 zinzan

zinzan

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Local Club: me and my imaginary friend

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

Leave the lawn furniture, barbecue, snow blower (here in Canada, anyway), lawn mower, shovels, etc. out in the yard.  Gives lots of room in the garage.  Keeps neighbours away as they think you're the weird reclusive hoarder type with all that junk in the yard.

#8 Hopper30

Hopper30

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

http://12-gaugegarag...og-4/index.html my favourite garage, some great saving ideas in use.

#9 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

Sell the stuff you don't need on ebay works for me or "borrow" a family member's garage.

My Gran currently has two of our cars in it and a a load of other junk. My sister made the joke that what I really need is a bedsit with a 4 car garage.

#10 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts
  • Local Club: spearmint rhino

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

i have just put a series of high level shelves at the back of my garage at home, im going to continue them all the way around. they are just high enough for me to not bang my head on them, but still gives enough room on the shelf for something as tall as aerosols.

i agree with Mini-Mad-Craig, get rid of stuff you arnt going to use! i have held on to stuff for years thinking i might need it, a few years back i sold loads off, and binned the rest, still havnt needed any of the bits since!

a friend of mine was renting a council garage a few years ago, he was lucky as it was one that has free electric inside. he then found that the two garages next to his were empty so started to rent them too. in a stroke of genius, he knocked them through and stacked the bricks up should he ever need to put it back! he had a triple width garage for next to nothing, with free electric!

#11 BMH

BMH

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

Get some pallet racking type shelving that you can put up to give some shelves but high enough to put the front of the car under, also get clear plastic boxes for parts , makes life easier to find bits, you can see through the box without having to go through it.

Bryan

#12 Rocket.

Rocket.

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

http://12-gaugegarag...og-4/index.html my favourite garage, some great saving ideas in use.

That's an awesome garage

#13 Hopper30

Hopper30

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

That's an awesome garage

Some genius use of space, I really like the fold up tables, such a simple idea yet so affective.

#14 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

I got hold of a load of those sturdy blue shipping crates about 10 years ago that Dixons used to receive their stock in. They are very strong, hold alot of stuff and if you have 2 stacks of three, leave a gap between each stack and put a length of old kitchen worktop on the top, it makes a great work bench. I did it for a while before i made my bench.

As the others have said, work tidy and keep tidy. I sometimes let things slip and before i know it, i'm up to my eyeballs in s!%t with no room to work. that and the fact that my partners parents keep dumping bits out there but i usually tend to relegate them to outside with a sheet over and just tell them that i wouldn't want to get overspray over their things! ssshhhhh!! lol

I am planning to build a metal framed bench/shelving unit out of angle that will run across the back wall. It will have a nice wide bench in the middle with shelving above and below with tall shelving either side. But that will be when funds allow.

What sort of size space do you have then Cliff? I always imagined you had loads looking at your project pics.

Ben

#15 Carvell

Carvell

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

My dad keeps plastic containers rather than recycling them. Ones that look like this http://www.amazon.co...dir_mdp_mobile. He then nails the lid to the underside of the rafters and puts nuts and bolts and stuff in the container and screws the container back on to the fixed lid. You can even right on the underside of the container what it contains. I think it's genius and it looks like stalactites :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users