Photo
- - - - -

Piston Damper Change Question

Best Answer bikewiz , 22 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

This is easy. The 2085 damper is a fast drop type. This means that when you change gear the piston can fall to the new position in time so what when you depress the throttle after gearchanging it is in the right place rather that still open too far. There is more to tuning SU's than needles and springs!

AC

Thanks AC that bit of advice has made my car run much smoother.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bikewiz

bikewiz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Local Club: NEMO

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

AC Dodd suggested on another post that changing the SU piston damper from the LZX 1505 to an LZX 2085 will improve throttle response and smoothness between gear changes on similar spec motors to mine (1293 A+ 276 HIF6/44 ) Can AC or someone else explain why this works? It made a marked improvement on my car as I had the problem of the stumble on upshifts.

#2 ACDodd

ACDodd

Up Into Fourth

• Mini Docs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

This is easy. The 2085 damper is a fast drop type. This means that when you change gear the piston can fall to the new position in time so what when you depress the throttle after gearchanging it is in the right place rather that still open too far. There is more to tuning SU's than needles and springs!

AC

#3 bikewiz

bikewiz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Local Club: NEMO

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:49 PM   Best Answer

AC

Thanks AC that bit of advice has made my car run much smoother.

#4 ACDodd

ACDodd

Up Into Fourth

• Mini Docs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Glad to help.

AC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users