3 replies to this topic

#1 Cambelt

Cambelt

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

so my mini has a bit of a bad habit of getting a puddle of water collected in it foot wells could this be  something to do with the heater in told it is a common fault with them ? and there are a few pin size holes in the floor pan but that cant be the issue here as it hasn't been driven so there's no way the water could get in from underneath  does your mini leak if so where from ?

Edited by Cambelt, 23 April 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#2 Kieranlee999

Kieranlee999

I am mainly being a nutter from MotorNutz.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Local Club: Robin Hood Mini Club,

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

so my mini has a bit of a bad habit of getting a puddle of water collected in it foot wells could this be  something to do with the heater in told it is a common fault with them ? and there are a few pin size holes in the floor pan but that cant be the issue here as it hasn't been driven so there's no way the water could get in from underneath  does your mini leak if so where from ?

my mini leaks in from the bottom of the door the rubber seal used to fill upwith water so i drained it so the water can flow out.

#3 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

If it was coming from the heater it's be antifreeze/coolent on the floor.  sit in the car and get someone to spray water over it, you'll then be able to see where it comes in.

Mine had a few leaks, from the check straps, through a small hole in the bulkhead, through the door seals, through the door card, the rear and side window seals and now all thats left is it's dripping through somewhere andrunning down the heater onto the floor and it coming through the floor/flitch even though there are no rust holes...

#4 Cambelt

Cambelt

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

When I had my passenger door card of last weekend to fix the lock I noticed it had been damp but the door itself had all the gaps taped over

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users