#1 Clubby1275GT

Clubby1275GT

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Local Club: Birmingham Mini Owners Club / Bruuuums Mini's

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:57 AM

Now i may be going insane, but for sale on ebay is a shell, had quite a few mods, understandable but it seems its been modified that much that its probably undriveable!! and its sooooo expensive!!!

I love clubmans/GTs more than anything but i get the impression, although mini's are totally customized to your own tastes, that its spoilt it a little.

Sorry if anyone on here owns it, just thought i'd get some opinions

Clickety Clickety Click

#2 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:02 AM

Does seem a tad expensive! I'd probably pay about 1k for that. And I'd definitely take that scoop off! He'd do better to stick an engine in and sell it as a drivable car.

#3 TWICEmonkey

TWICEmonkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Local Club: A-Serious.com & TMF

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:06 AM

It's a bit pricy for a starting bid, but I would understand it finishing at that price, though I can understand...it does seem over-modified and therefore un-drivable

#4 Clubby1275GT

Clubby1275GT

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:06 AM

wont that scoop cause, basiclaly forced induction, as ur practically ramming air into that down draft, are the side drafts better??
i may be wrong but i thought that the idea is that the card sucks air as and when it needs to, so giving it a forced supply like that will not help? or maybe make it worse?

as for the engine, yeah i'd defo want to see it run with one in, but thats seriously low on the ground!! i think speed bumps could be a teeeeeny weeeeny problem!

#5 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:16 AM

I very much doubt that scoop will do anything other than create drag.

The ram air effect is all to do with the size and shape (and length of any ducting) of the opening of your duct or airbox. The basic idea is to create 'pulses' of air, by which I mean a waves of condensed air. The trick being that you get these waves to the carb at exactly the right time.

Have a read of Vizards bible to truly understand it.

#6 Clubby1275GT

Clubby1275GT

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:27 AM

ive been meaning to buy that for a while now, i'll be sure to put it on the 21st bday list for next week!

always fancied the idea of having a hole in the wing with a cheeky air filter slightly popping out! but not sure about a scoop!

is that the same sort of thing u see on the dodge chargers (like 2fast2furious) where the blower sticks out the bonnet?

#7 Flyby

Flyby

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:17 PM

Im sorry but in my opinion that is hideuos. Each to their own and all that but I just dont like it. :'(

Also for that sort of asking price you would have thought a bit more time would have gone into producing some worthwhile photos that really showed off the cars potential!! :lol: :)

#8 TOMMO0302

TOMMO0302

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:40 PM

I would pay that just for the funky coloured seat!!! Hahaha :lol:

#9 Yeti

Yeti

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Local Club: I don't play well with others

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:55 PM

I think its worth every penny..... there has been alot of effort put into that, i'd personaly buy it if i could, i'd change a few things but thats me.

First of all its de-seamed and thats not cheap, the floor has been strengthend because the scuttle is modified.... how many people do some cutting without strenghtening what they have done?

And yes that scoop is fugly! but its there for a purpose, it does not ram charge, it protects the air filter. The reason for this is that a down draft weber carb (which are rare and expensive) become less efficient after 70-80mph due to turbulance, oh and they kick side draft butt anyday.......

Tommo302..... that seat...... you are a very disturbed being or an art student?

As i've said, i buy it and sell the bits i don't want and build a very nice car......

Yeti

That seat is offencive to the eyes :lol: .....

#10 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:13 PM

...lowered 127mm...

I don't actually believe that is possible is it? - The sump can't be that far off the ground on a brand new car with no settling of the suspension.

#11 Clubby1275GT

Clubby1275GT

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:24 PM

i maybe understand why he wants so much money for it, but the market for something like that is very slim, compared to what sort of thing u could buy for £1500, u could get urself a very nice mini with an engine and matching single coloured seats for that much!

#12 TOMMO0302

TOMMO0302

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:32 PM

Your right, but he is testing the water and probably doesn't realise this. He will just be thinking of the three years labour and god only knows how much he has spent on parts etc....and that wonderful seat!

#13 Yeti

Yeti

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Local Club: I don't play well with others

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:47 PM

Dude the seat is sick!!! we should write to him and ask him to burn it for the good of mankind!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Yeti

#14 93-rio

93-rio

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Local Club: Aberdeen mini owners club (AMOC)

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:24 PM

LM :errr: AO that is awesome, if only i had the ... balls and bravery to do something like that :D scratch that its hideous shame all of his effort has made it look soo ugly (IMO other peoples may vary) and the seat :lol:

#15 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,550 posts
  • Local Club: Shatrats.com

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:38 PM

I want that carb!!!
And they only kick butt over a SD, if you have a good manifold (£100-£150) worth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users