#4 minipip

minipip

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • Local Club: TMF SE

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:39 AM

i dont see what will make it a icon by clarkson saying so, i always thaught it was time and its self that showd us the cars are an icon?

#5 nev_payne

nev_payne

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:38 AM

haha...looking at it that way its like an ant vs a challenger tank :lol:

very good tho :D

#6 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:42 AM

it was officially the car of the century in 2000! Loads of surveys were taken and it was top of most of them! What Car named it Car of the Century so It must be true!

#7 The Fat Leodensian

The Fat Leodensian

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:12 PM

I enjoyed the clip and i value Clarkson's opinions as a motoring journalist of some considerable experience.

However, I do not need anyone to tell me how great my car is.
I drive my 88 City everyday. I watch the tanks roll past guzzling fuel, I watch people turn away from car parks where as i can get in. In todays awfull traffic, i can avoid an accident by swerving out the way without ending up in a bush or shop window. I can get 4 people and luggage in my REAL small car and still have fun.

Everday other people see me in my car. some wave, some smile, some snigger, but i know that everyone who sees my mini and hasn't got one wishes they had. Deep down they all KNOW the REAL mini is the best car ever ever EVER!.

Al

#8 Lund

Lund

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:21 PM

I remember watching that some time ago! :lol: Good memories :D

#9 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:18 PM

Was this shown on Top Gear? Because Clarkson did a similar thing with a yellow Fiat Cinquencento (hatchback) in around 1994 and the Mini beat that too! :lol:

#10 MiniSprite93

MiniSprite93

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

I enjoyed the clip and i value Clarkson's opinions as a motoring journalist of some considerable experience.

I drive my 88 City everyday. I watch the tanks roll past guzzling fuel, I watch people turn away from car parks where as i can get in. In todays awfull traffic, i can avoid an accident by swerving out the way without ending up in a bush or shop window. I can get 4 people and luggage in my REAL small car and still have fun.

Everday other people see me in my car. some wave, some smile, some snigger, but i know that everyone who sees my mini and hasn't got one wishes they had. Deep down they all KNOW the REAL mini is the best car ever ever EVER!.

Al

VERY well said! Couldn't agree more!

#11 SimonWicklow

SimonWicklow

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:29 AM

Al

epic 5 year bump!

#12 mini_legend

mini_legend

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Local Club: Outcast Car Club

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

woohoo for that bump LOL! That's a long time coming, i do remember seeing the top gear mini vs cinquento, on youtube as I was only 1 at the time lmao!
JK

#13 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

woohoo for that bump LOL! That's a long time coming, i do remember seeing the top gear mini vs cinquento, on youtube as I was only 1 at the time lmao!
JK

Edited by Mini_Magic, 26 July 2011 - 11:07 AM.

#14 89mini-boy

89mini-boy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Local Club: OXMOC

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:35 AM

Al

+1 amazing reply!!!!! :shifty: :thumbsup:

#15 zeemax mini1

zeemax mini1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:01 PM

woohoo for that bump LOL! That's a long time coming, i do remember seeing the top gear mini vs cinquento, on youtube as I was only 1 at the time lmao! JK

and look at how much the value went donw on the fiat the price of the mini has acturly gone up ! lool shows how good they were

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users