#91 buddylove

buddylove

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Local Club: SAMOA

Posted 04 July 2015 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure to take note of that.

#92 buddylove

buddylove

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

Work done on 7/3, completed by Chuck on 7/4.

Chuck and I went to work on installing the KAD Rear Swaybar on Friday, after a very good Thai lunch.  It mounts differently then most of the swaybars that Chuck has seen, in that it mounts at the back of the rear subframe.  We both agree that KAD is very good at engineering (though a lot of holes had to be enlarged), but is rather bad about creating directions.  They used upside down images and then right side up images and didn't really call out the differences, leave a lot of trial error and very little use of the directions.  At the end of the day we had the bar, blades, brackets, and drop links installed.  Chuck ended up having to drill out the blades as well, so that the drop link could attach to it.

Another issue with the KAD rear swaybar is that it gets in the way of the standard side exit exhaust.  Chuck said that he figured out a very genius solution to get it all fitted correctly, I have yet to see it though.  Pictures to come once I see the car again.

I picked up my interior on Sunday and will be assembling the seats in the next week or so, just to see how they feel, as the interior won't be going into the car until next late winter or spring.  I'll get more pics of them as well, hoping that it is as comfortable as they looked in the original pictures.

Spoke to Gunnar about putting a satin clear coat on the car and he is fine with it.  I will be having him do a check over of the car at the same time and repairing stuff if need be.  He will also be re-pinning the driver door hinges, as I wan't to keep the original ones and replacing all of the seals (Front and Rear Windscreen, Doors, and Quarter Windows).

Current action items:

Install grill buttons
Continue to try to figure out what motor I want to build / buy; keep it simple or build a pocket rocket?
Drop car off to Gunnar - currently slated for September 
Re-wire whole car
Apply some measure of sound deadening, at least in the floor and headliner areas, some of the front bulkhead as well.
Install whatever engine we build / I buy
Install interior

If anyone has any leads on a MK1 Austin early speedometer, I would appreciate that, as I would like to run a very simple dash and original.

I am sure this list will be changing a bunch, but that is all I have for now.

#93 buddylove

buddylove

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:58 AM

I've been looking at portable picnic tables and came across this one that seems to have pretty good reviews on longevity as well as being semi-compact.  It's a two person table, but we tested it out and it should fit the three of us pretty nicely.  It's mainly for the shows that don't have too many tables, if any, plus also for camping.

It's called the Kelsyus Ogo:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Unboxed most of the interior and was super impressed with it.  The interior itself is a lot more high end then I thought and the fit and finish is fantastic.  The front seats were redone in leather, but the rest of the interior is vinyl, which is fine.  I wasn't expecting the seats to have so much bolster, as it looked a lot shallower in the pictures that the seller sent me.  I love bolster on seats, and love how much bolster are on these seats.  I plan on putting them together in the next week or so.  This interior is almost too nice for the blue Mini, but it'll be nice and comfortable for us, as well as look good.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

#94 buddylove

buddylove

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:19 PM

Small update for today.

Received my vintage Washington License plate to replace my Collector Plate.  I think it'll suit the car.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

#95 buddylove

buddylove

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:42 PM

Photo of the rear swaybar that Chuck finished up the install on.  He also had to use a different rear exhaust hangar to mount the exhaust slightly lower to clear the swaybar.

5456037b-394a-45fd-9a42-a7d2977fa751.jpg

Mounted the vintage plate

6027C468-2C34-444D-BDA8-999A892E8E1A.jpg

Test fitted the SSR Formula Mesh wheels.  No clearance issues, but I will need to continue to run the flares.

E0989768-2C44-424C-BD45-4B4368DF3354.jpg

#96 mini-fvr

mini-fvr

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Local Club: Long Island Mini Enthusiasts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

Love the wheels!!! That's the 2nd mini I've seen with them!! Car looks great!
What flares are you running? I have the same wheels but 10x6. (+3). Still need to figure out my Fitment though. :/

#97 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:24 PM

This mini is too damn awesome

#98 buddylove

buddylove

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:00 PM

Love the wheels!!! That's the 2nd mini I've seen with them!! Car looks great!
What flares are you running? I have the same wheels but 10x6. (+3). Still need to figure out my Fitment though. :/

Thanks! I am running Genuine Cosmic Flares from the 60's.  I just plasti dipped them black.

This mini is too damn awesome

Thanks!  I have it scheduled to get satin clear coated in September to preserve it.  A full re-wire job will happen over the winter and the motor I have planned for it, well let's just say "wolf in sheep's clothing".

#99 buddylove

buddylove

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:57 AM

A couple of parts that I have received lately.

Extended steering column bracket:

DSC_0004.jpg

A rare early Mk1 Austin Speedometer (still need to find a fuel gauge for it):

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

#100 buddylove

buddylove

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:06 AM

Some accessories showed up from Swiftune. Stuff that isn't really necessary, but I thought looked cool.

Swiftune Wing Mirror Brackets and Mirrors
Swiftune Foot Rest

I have been talking to a few places about engine components, so I should be able to start ordering engine parts in the next month or so.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

#101 WPD

WPD

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:00 AM

Lovely car :)

#102 Jared Mk3

Jared Mk3

Has a small thing but it does make a difference

• Members
  • 1,974 posts
  • Local Club: MOCKZN

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:29 AM

I've been interested in one of those foot rests for a while now. Great buys  =]

#103 buddylove

buddylove

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

Thanks! Still coming along. It's back on the road and I didn't realize how much I missed driving a Mini. Back off the road in a few weeks...

#104 buddylove

buddylove

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:45 PM

Picked up a 1275 A+ MPI short block and gearbox case from Kelley over the weekend (doesn't have a hole for a distributor, forcing me to go fuel injection :) ) This will cause a large cost increase in the project, but we will see how long it takes to buy the additional items.  

A complete overhaul of our septic (full replacement of tank and field) and a kitchen remodel are currently delaying progress on this. 

Waiting to hear back from Gunnar on when the Mini can go to him, so that is delayed as well.

#105 Rocket.

Rocket.

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:14 PM

Cool project !

Always liked the idea of a aged looking mini but over here they just rust away >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users