Photo
- - - - -

Indicators

Best Answer Dan , 14 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

The front to rear connection should be in the engine bay at the right side of the bulkhead, tucked up under the scuttle above the wiper motor.  Personally I think all cars have a connection front to rear but be prepared for not finding one as I have been told (by Midridge I think who has seen a lot more early cars than I have) that there are early Mk1s with a one piece loom.  I can't see how a one piece loom gets fitted on the production line myself as it would take forever to fiddle it through the pillars from front to back but there you go.  

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 surfblue

surfblue

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

So my right rear indicator is working but the right front isnt!

No power running down the front loom from the bulkhead on the green / white wire. Its not a bulb or earth fault.

Does anybody know where the front and rear feeds join? Im assuming that there must be a 3 way bullet connector somewhere around the dash / bulkhead area?

Help gratefully received.

(1962 Mk1 super deluxe)

Edited by surfblue, 13 June 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#2 Minidude7

Minidude7

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

I had this fault at my MOT, was a bullet connector that had come loose inside the front behind the grill... I would trace the wire back though the loom and test... A light probe is more useful than a multimeter and only a couple of quid on eBay... Will light up when you stick it in a wire with power...

Would say it's something simple, hVe you traced it the other way from the bulkhead/under dash wherever your relay is??

#3 surfblue

surfblue

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:49 AM

Yep been testing with a light, power from the flasher unit (obviously because the back is working), power from the indicator switch up under the dash. No relay on this age of mini.

Really what Im asking is, where is the connector where front and rear feeds split.?

Guess there'll have to be a bit of contortion-ism to fit 6'1" of me under the dash again tonite >_<  

Edited by surfblue, 14 June 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#4 Yoda

Yoda

• Traders
  • 1,958 posts
  • Local Club: Medway mini club

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:56 AM

You should find a couple of connectors below the slam panel where the front edge of the bonnet sits. This is where most indicator and headlight problems are found due to corroded bullet connectors.

#5 Yoda

Yoda

• Traders
  • 1,958 posts
  • Local Club: Medway mini club

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

Oops sorry. I just reread and you stated no power in the front of the loom. My bad.

#6 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:19 AM   Best Answer

The front to rear connection should be in the engine bay at the right side of the bulkhead, tucked up under the scuttle above the wiper motor.  Personally I think all cars have a connection front to rear but be prepared for not finding one as I have been told (by Midridge I think who has seen a lot more early cars than I have) that there are early Mk1s with a one piece loom.  I can't see how a one piece loom gets fitted on the production line myself as it would take forever to fiddle it through the pillars from front to back but there you go.  

#7 surfblue

surfblue

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

That's exactly right, corroded bullet connector behind wiper motor, easily sorted. Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users