1 reply to this topic

#1 Huge87

Huge87

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

I'm taking my 1973 mini scamp overland to Mongolia and am very much considering re-routing the exhaust through the bonnet and up the side of the wind screen. I realise this may have some slight legal implications but the plan would be run the existing standard pipe until the wilds of Russia, Kazakstan and Mongolia where I would swap it out with the mod.
I was thinking of purchasing a stock system, cut it down and replace parts with flexible piping.
Can anyone please tell me the implications this would have on the power and running of the car and what diameter of flexible pipe would have to be?

#2 cambiker71

cambiker71

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Local Club: Cambscustomclassics.com

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

Don't use the flexible pipe that looks like twisted pipe, it's really short lived, the problems I can think of is routing it, to the left it would be close to the fuel pump and speedo cable, to the right, close to the clutch operating pipe and cylinders, I'd raise the suspension as best you can and make a box section the length of the floorpan to run the exhaust through, possibly to the left of the gear lever, and some sort of skid guard under it, should be easyish with a scamps aluminium floorpan

Edited by cambiker71, 05 July 2014 - 04:58 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users