lawrence

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

1991 mini city
Converted to non servo brake master cylinder
Kept original servo brake pedal and made an adaptor bush for correct clearance between the clevis pin and brake master cylinder piston
Metro 4 pots fitted to front with good ridge single hose conversion

So guys I'm having trouble bleeding the brake on my car, as stated above I've converted the car to pre servo brake but have kept the twin line original braking system
Changed master cylinder
20140625_104202.jpg

Using the original brake bias valve at the front with original (route changed) front rear split brakes

Basically I cannot seem to bleed the front brakes at all :( I've got a brake bleeding system but upon pressing the brake pedal there's no air being expelled.

Small amounts of fluid are working their way through the system but nothing major :(
The brake pedal also seems to have very little travel, could this be due to how I have adapted the non servo pedal?
Looking on the google and searching on here has brought up no results

Anyone able to shed light on my situation would be greatly appreciated
Lawrence

Edited by lawrence, 12 July 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#2 minimk1

minimk1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • Local Club: a's of herts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

might sound silly but make sure the cap is off and that the bleed nipples are fully open, i recently bled my brakes and found that no matter how much i pumped it would only dribble out , until i loosened the nipple more and then the fluid came shooting out  >_<  simple things can be overseen so easily.

#3 lawrence

lawrence

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

Yep cap was definitely removed, the fluid level went down nicely for the rear wheels cylinders, as expected bubbles came out then a nice solid flow of fluid, just at the front only small amounts of fluid will extract.

I even tried physically sucking on the brake bleed pipe while my mate pressed on the pedal, this has yielded results before, but again this time there was nothing.

#4 corrado vr6

corrado vr6

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Maybe a blockage at the bias end, maybe disconnect the pipe for the fronts here and see how much fluid comes out before and after the bias

#5 lawrence

lawrence

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

Hmmm corrado vr6 you could be onto a winner there, that hadn't occurred to me
I will try that out tomorrow night after work if I have time, cheers for that suggestion
I will report back with results

Cheers chaps
Lawrence

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brakes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users