3 replies to this topic

#1 Sparky

Sparky

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:30 AM

Hi, (feel like i'm getting a PITA on here now!)

My front tie rods keep getting bent for no apparent reason. I haven't put a jack on them! I noticed they were bent aroung 2 mths ago, and had them straightened and new bushes fitted. However, I had a new O/S front tyre fitted and noticed it just clipping the edge of the wheel arch (12x5's), due to having alot more tread than before. On closer inspection the tie rod is bent again, contributing to the problem. Around where i live, the is an infestation of speed humps, some of the exhaust removing. Do you think bouncing over these monstrosities have caused it. I've seen heavy duty tie rods advertised, are these worth a look? Cheers

#2 english-bully

english-bully

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Local Club: " CREWE'S MISSILES "

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:40 AM

hiya,to be honnest ive had loads of mini's and most have had bent tie bars but once ive straightend them back again theve always been ok.but once there bent im sure that they are weaker also you cant always get them straight,so the best thing would be to fit these heavy duty ones or even adjusable ones...

#3 Sparky

Sparky

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:54 AM

hiya,to be honnest ive had loads of mini's and most have had bent tie bars but once ive straightend them back again theve always been ok.but once there bent im sure that they are weaker also you cant always get them straight,so the best thing would be to fit these heavy duty ones or even adjusable ones...

Cheers!!

#4 nomininolife

nomininolife

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Mates

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:54 AM

Be careful with the uprated ones as they are only as strong as their weakest point. I had a pair on my mini because I thought they would resist bending, until I went over a speed bump, one broke and tried pulling us into a wall, I have since reverted to the standard steel ones and they have been fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users