#1 Bradshaw-s

Bradshaw-s

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

Hey guys,

Sorry I know this subject has been discussed to death!

I have trawled through all the posts on the conversion using the a solenoid as a relay - I do have one query though as some of the posts I printed out have confused me now I have started to do the conversion & some seem to contradict or I am missing something!

I have replaced the front loom as it was hacked to pieces.

OK I have also purchased a new 4 terminal solenoid - old solenoid was 3 terminal.

I have connected the battery cable, pre-engaged starter solenoid cable from on the starter (from the post terminal)  & all brown wires from the new loom to the side of the solenoid with the large spade connector - I have left the white/red switch wire alone.

I realise that you should not extend this down to the starter because of the increased load.

This leaves one empty terminal on the solenoid on the inner wing - am I right in assuming this needs a 27amp cable from the spare post terminal to the large spade connector on the pre-engaged solenoid on the starter motor?

AND what is the small 3-4 mm spade connector used for on the new 4 terminal solenoid (opposite side to the red/white switch terminal)?

Edited by Bradshaw-s, 25 August 2014 - 05:08 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users