Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

Hi guys,

Now you have to forgive me because I'm a complete injection man. However a couple of friends of mine along with me have decided to build a race spec mini. Something I'm completely new too, it's more to learn more about minis than anything a bit like 3 guys having a laugh and doing something we love learning along the way.

We started stripping last week and when I came to the back of the dash (behind behind dash cover) I found a black box (directly behind the head unit IF it was an mpi)

Now it has all various wires going into it, and I have tried to look up and I have come down to the fact that it's an alarm.....this particular one also has a alarm immobiliser red led which normally in MPIs flashes with the key fob however it was disconnected,

I took the main connector out (big grey one with lots of wires going into) and the car wouldn't start...plug in and it does.

The thing is, out the back of this box a white wire comes off, but it's been cut and a loose wire is just hanging there.....I have no idea where this wire goes.

What I wanted to know is if anyone knows what it is....and where this wire goes, and also is it wise getting a new loom for building a race spec mini.

Year and make will be confirmed soon, just on to my mate now.

#2 Fossy313

Fossy313

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

1991 Mayfair

#3 MikeRotherham

MikeRotherham

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

Could it possibly be the aerial?

#4 lewBlew

lewBlew

Previously known as theboybradley.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

Aerial is black wire and quite thick. My 1991 Mayfair has nothing like this. It wasn't until 92/93 they did the whole 90s refurb (1.3, dashboard, heater, seats etc) so this must have been added afterwards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users