#17 Youngowner93

Youngowner93

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Local Club: Durham Mini Club

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:20 PM

Adrian Flux once set up a Direct Debit on my account without my knowledge or consent. When quizzed about it they obviously denied all knowledge of this and as a result of this issue I will never again deal with Adrian Flux. 

#18 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:37 PM

They made a minor mistake on my latest policy (only listed drive, not drive and garage for overnight). Emailed them last night, reply and sorted by 10am this morning.

#19 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:53 PM

Oddly enough everyone that's ever said they are good are those that have never claimed from them. As this is when insurance companies will be working for the money you pay them, these are the reviews i'd only listen to as anyone on the end of a phone can take money from you effectively and get a positive review.

I know too many people that have claimed from them and ended up being screwed over, had no replies to emails, promises of call backs, paperwork go 'missing' and payouts below what was already agreed. You do get what you pay for and in my opinion i'd rather pay a little bit more for positive claim reviews than go for the lowest price just to save a few quid.

#20 Billy Mayhem

Billy Mayhem

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:32 PM

Adrian Flux once set up a Direct Debit on my account without my knowledge or consent. When quizzed about it they obviously denied all knowledge of this and as a result of this issue I will never again deal with Adrian Flux. 

I had exactly this happen in 2010 i believe...

no money was ever taken but it was just set up :s

#21 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:09 PM

Oddly enough everyone that's ever said they are good are those that have never claimed from them. As this is when insurance companies will be working for the money you pay them, these are the reviews i'd only listen to as anyone on the end of a phone can take money from you effectively and get a positive review.

I know too many people that have claimed from them and ended up being screwed over, had no replies to emails, promises of call backs, paperwork go 'missing' and payouts below what was already agreed. You do get what you pay for and in my opinion i'd rather pay a little bit more for positive claim reviews than go for the lowest price just to save a few quid.

I personally had to claim on my insurance in 2012 when I was with adrian flux and didn't have any issues with them at all. Can't exactly say I had an opinion on their service, no hassles. But after I have read all these reviews I wouldn't go with them again unless they were considerably cheaper than the competition.

#22 oakrichardson

oakrichardson

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

There cancellation fees are a joke! trying to charge me £180 to cancel my policy with them, absolute rip off. Only insurance company I would recommend is the NFU, absolutely brilliant service and there local branch is just down the road from me. Made the silly mistake of going with a cheaper quote, thinking it would save me money in the long run. Never ever will be using FLUX again

#23 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:23 PM

Wanted to charge me significantly more for laid up insurance vs fully comp.  Somehoww my car being sat in a garage, unused and unstated, with battery disconnected, was a far greater risk than me driving along on the motorway at 70mph with people passing me in all directions.  Find the logic in there for me someone, as Ic ant find any of it!

#24 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:33 PM

Wanted to charge me significantly more for laid up insurance vs fully comp.  Somehoww my car being sat in a garage, unused and unstated, with battery disconnected, was a far greater risk than me driving along on the motorway at 70mph with people passing me in all directions.  Find the logic in there for me someone, as Ic ant find any of it!

it's partly down to the increased risk of theft of a car that may not be checked every day, may also be due to it being garaged. Mine was more expensive in a garage than on the drive, when I asked why it was because of the number of accidents people have driving into and out of the garage and of things falling on the car. Laid up insurance always seems stupidly expensive but is a lot cheaper if you simply add the car as an asset on the home insurance. A motorbike I have with a declared value of £2000 costs £6 a year on the house contents insurance. Some won't do cars/ bikes so you have to shop around.

#25 shnevpayne

shnevpayne

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Local Club: Minisunlimited

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:40 AM

Ok, we've all got good and bad stories about them. So I think I may as well join the band wagon.

I was re insuring a vehicle, that was previously with A flux, but apparently I had 0 NCB, when I knew I had 4 years. It took a bit of to-ing and fro-ing but they found it and sent me confirmation. Not the worst thing in the world, but to rectify a mistake I think is pretty good.

On a V positive note, I hit a large rock/small boulder/ stone that what took out two tyres. While the tyres were ok, the steelies were somewhat mis-shapen! think of a circle, with 90 degrees of it being flat, on two wheels! Lush.
Now apparently its classed as a "collision" so being it was a Saturday night long after I'd finished work at 1am, when I phoned AA recovery (having been on hold for 45 minutes) they said that they couldn't recover me even though I said its like having 2 flat tyres I just need a flat bed home, but alas I would have to phone the claim line before anything could be done!!!!!

So I realised I had A flux Breakdown cover. Ok, try them. Wish to ... (insert religious symbol here) ... that I had done that an hour before! I WAS ON THE PHONE FOR 30 SECONDS, and someone answered! I explained the situation, to which again he replied, it is technically classed as a collision. Again I explained that it was like having a double blow out and I just needed recovery home, he put me on hold to speak to his supervisor, and 30 seconds later, he had persuaded him that it was special circumstances and they'd send out recovery. 35 minutes later, boom, I'm on a flat bed heading home.

Ok so sometimes they are the cheapest, sometimes not, sometimes good sometimes bad. In my books, while they have their faults, I'll keep returning until I proven otherwise!

Edited by shnevpayne, 04 November 2014 - 10:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users