#17 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:15 PM

I didn't know it was available yet. I can't be doing with iOS but I'll be getting Yosemite on the MB Pro tomorrow

Only if you applied for the beta.  Which I did.

#18 Quincy Sparks

Quincy Sparks

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Local Club: BHMC, MCR

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

Yosemite looks fine, if a little cartoony, but in 20 years as a Mac user I've never used the first version of an OS - someone else can find the bugs thanks :)

#19 Mini ManannĂ¡n

Mini ManannĂ¡n

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:51 AM

I didn't know it was available yet. I can't be doing with iOS but I'll be getting Yosemite on the MB Pro tomorrow

Only if you applied for the beta.  Which I did.

Ah...  Perhaps I won't then :-)

#20 Mini ManannĂ¡n

Mini ManannĂ¡n

• Members
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

The iPhone 6 launch is underway with customers forming long lines at Apple Stores around the world, most notably in New York City, where we caught up with fans waiting as many as 19 days.

"We were actually the first in line, but these guys came after us and bought our spots," said Staten Island resistant Joseph Cruz. "They paid us each $1,250 (about £757, AU$1,395) just to shift down to three and four."

:ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:

#21 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:15 AM

I hate iOS8 with a passion now lol. It's alright on iPhone, but it's a mess on my iPad air and gf's mini. Obviously we expected some bugs etc, but it's proper pissing me off now.

If you haven't already done so, don't update just yet if you're on iPads

#22 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

Took me 3 attempts to type that above without either throwing me off safari or freezing

Edited by megamini_jb, 20 September 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#23 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:00 PM

Wooo they've finally added the time on all texts

It's been there since iOS7, drag texts left to see the time.

#24 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

Oh has it :lol: I saw it on one of these iOS8 tips and tricks pages, never noticed before >_<

#25 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:23 PM

Well I upgraded to iOS 8 last night and it killed the phone and told me it had to be restored. Thanks for that Apple!

I am a big big Apple fan. The quality of the products continues to be second to none, and there is no way the Mac Air is going anytime soon. I love it, even though it is now 3 years old. Still just as quick as when I got it, and so much nicer to use than Windows.

The problem is, for me, the iPhones are falling far behind where they should be and where the competition is. The specs of the 6 are no better than what some devices had 18 months ago. They may make it work better, and I haven't had a play with a iPhone 6 yet, but things like slightly better than 720p screens when everyone else is running full HD and the LG G3 is even at 2k. I hope the 6 is as quality a product as the rest, although I have to say I think I preferred the colouring options of the 5 rather the 5S as well.

The worse thing is now the premium you pay for an Apple product - contracts costing more for no reason. The worse thing about that is the iPhone 5S is barely in the top 3 of most tech sites, and you still paid a premium for it.

The problem is Android devices just aren't there yet - still. They are not as slick as iOS, and for me, iOS 8 is still dated (and doesn't look as nice as 7 when it was released either). The HTC One (M8) is probably the best non iPhone option as it still offers a quality product (although I quite liked the G3) but the size of phones now is mad. It wasn't that long ago manufacturers were trying to go as small as possible - look at the Ericsson T28 and the Nokia 8210/8310 (all phones I loved). 

As for tablets, I am not really all that bothered by them. We have an iPad Mini but the girlfriend uses that, I don't really bother.

I will be interested to see how improved Yosemite is over the current version - I definitely want files to be shared better between devices so that should be a bonus. And despite this whinge about Apple, I daresay that when the time comes I will stick with them and carry on. Why? Probably because the Air is going nowhere. I don't even want a newer Air either. This one is still fine (especially after getting a new free screen courtesy of Apple). You can't fault their customer service. 

#26 HarrysMini

HarrysMini

I do not have short legs!!!

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:50 PM

Well I upgraded to iOS 8 last night and it killed the phone and told me it had to be restored. Thanks for that Apple!

I am a big big Apple fan. The quality of the products continues to be second to none, and there is no way the Mac Air is going anytime soon. I love it, even though it is now 3 years old. Still just as quick as when I got it, and so much nicer to use than Windows.

The problem is, for me, the iPhones are falling far behind where they should be and where the competition is. The specs of the 6 are no better than what some devices had 18 months ago. They may make it work better, and I haven't had a play with a iPhone 6 yet, but things like slightly better than 720p screens when everyone else is running full HD and the LG G3 is even at 2k. I hope the 6 is as quality a product as the rest, although I have to say I think I preferred the colouring options of the 5 rather the 5S as well.

The worse thing is now the premium you pay for an Apple product - contracts costing more for no reason. The worse thing about that is the iPhone 5S is barely in the top 3 of most tech sites, and you still paid a premium for it.

The problem is Android devices just aren't there yet - still. They are not as slick as iOS, and for me, iOS 8 is still dated (and doesn't look as nice as 7 when it was released either). The HTC One (M8) is probably the best non iPhone option as it still offers a quality product (although I quite liked the G3) but the size of phones now is mad. It wasn't that long ago manufacturers were trying to go as small as possible - look at the Ericsson T28 and the Nokia 8210/8310 (all phones I loved). 

As for tablets, I am not really all that bothered by them. We have an iPad Mini but the girlfriend uses that, I don't really bother.

I will be interested to see how improved Yosemite is over the current version - I definitely want files to be shared better between devices so that should be a bonus. And despite this whinge about Apple, I daresay that when the time comes I will stick with them and carry on. Why? Probably because the Air is going nowhere. I don't even want a newer Air either. This one is still fine (especially after getting a new free screen courtesy of Apple). You can't fault their customer service. 

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

For home use, Mac is now my way of choice after converting last year due to my disappointment with Windows 8. Operating systems are just so much cleaner, smoother and more functional. They're also built so well. My MBP has been going since 2009 with just a hard drive I replaced for a faster, larger capacity version and I stuck 8GB of RAM in it. 

My Windows laptop in comparison, which wasn't far off the price really (£700 new) was utter rubbish. I was constantly repairing it and the plastic case would brake so easily, and the operating system (Win7) felt outdated, a pain to use and always seemed to need updates or another box coming up to tell me something is wrong. 

Regarding phones, again it is the same thing with operating systems. iOS is so sleek and smooth to use (even if there is the odd issue with iOS 8) and lets you get on with what you want to do without being hounded by messages from Android telling you something was updated, you need to install virus protection etc.

#27 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:35 AM

I've been using Macs for yonks.

My first was the normal MacBook (A1181) which I bought brand new. It came in either gloss white or matte black. I went with the black. Was a awesome machine. Infact I've still got it and although it has slowed down a bit, it's still going strong and capable of doing anything my newer MacBook can do. Then I had the 1st gen MacBook air, again, was a great machine, only sold it to upgrade to my current machine which is MacBook Pro Retina.

I've never had a single problem with them, and I think that's bloody good, that's why I'd always choose OS X. Windows don't do nothing for me.

Regarding the iPhone, I echo what Harry said. I Can't fault them. Currently got the blue 5C. I would like to get the 6, but won't be just yet.

iOS 8 is getting on my nerves on our iPads at the mo, but I'm sure most of the little issues will be ironed out soon.

Edited by megamini_jb, 23 September 2014 - 07:39 AM.

#28 grumpy2

grumpy2

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: Wirral Minis

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:26 PM

I mDe the mistake of upgrading to ios8 yesterday. Hate it witha passion

That damn typing suggestion line above the keyboard leaves virtually no space left to see wht you are writing

Why oh why does the navigation buttons have to glids in and out

Biggest gripe is that photobucket freezes every time I use it. And I like photobucket! More than ios8! And I can't roll back to ios7!

I bought into apple because it just works - well it doesn't. And don't get me going on the hours I've wasted on iMovie on my MacBook. Where on earth the uploaded files are no one knows

#29 Mini ManannĂ¡n

Mini ManannĂ¡n

• Members
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:13 AM

Apparently you get Swype for the iPhone 6.  I got Swype as standard on Nexus 4; I found it a bit mind boggling at first but now I love it.

I can't profess to be able to squiggle as quickly as this chap but I'm pretty close :P

#30 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:50 PM

Woo 8.0.2 update

Let's see how improved it Is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users