Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:10 AM

Grrr another one!

What a douche using a toy model - http://www.ebay.co.u...=p2054897.l4275

I mean thats really giving it two fingers isnt it ? Thats really saying that they know its wrong to sell it but dont give a toss .

And im sure i have read somewhere that a v5/vin must stay witha vehicle untill its scrapped , then it must be surrenderd to the DVLA , and its a offence to not do so ?

So why doesnt the police or Egay do anything ? Im not talking 5 years inside with Bubba , just a £1000 fine . A fe of those made public would put a stop to it .

The best thing about the ad is that he hasn't hidden the reg at the bottom of the V5 on the second picture.

DVLA may insist on a Vehicle Identity check before issuing the V5 to the buyer. They will then go over the vehicle to ensure the identity has always belonged to that car (which they will know it hasn't) The buyer may end up having their car crushed. 

#47 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

It's not all that clever to show the VIN either

#48 Bubblebobble

Bubblebobble

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:14 AM

Grrr another one!

I mean thats really giving it two fingers isnt it ? Thats really saying that they know its wrong to sell it but dont give a toss .

And im sure i have read somewhere that a v5/vin must stay witha vehicle untill its scrapped , then it must be surrenderd to the DVLA , and its a offence to not do so ?

So why doesnt the police or Egay do anything ? Im not talking 5 years inside with Bubba , just a £1000 fine . A fe of those made public would put a stop to it .

The best thing about the ad is that he hasn't hidden the reg at the bottom of the V5 on the second picture.

DVLA may insist on a Vehicle Identity check before issuing the V5 to the buyer. They will then go over the vehicle to ensure the identity has always belonged to that car (which they will know it hasn't) The buyer may end up having their car crushed. 

Thats not great then for a prospective buyer , but i guess thats what you get for messing about with stuff like that .

#49 Carlos W

Carlos W

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:26 AM

Grrr another one!

Thats not great then for a prospective buyer , but i guess thats what you get for messing about with stuff like that .

I completely agree, the number of people who deem this not to be wrong really grates on me.

#50 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:20 PM

Putting a toy with the V5 is taking the pish somewhat.  >_<

#51 stonemonkey

stonemonkey

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Local Club: www.gtmdrivers.com

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:15 PM

after a quick dvla search, it comes up as  'not taxed' and not sorn as stated. Just to make sure I did a search on my kitcar and it does state sorned on mine.

#52 lawrie124

lawrie124

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:31 AM

http://www.ebay.co.u...B:WNARL:GB:1123

relisted.

#53 Big Sam

Big Sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

And reported. 

Though i wonder what would happen if we wrote to MPs stating something about ebay not policing illegal practices on their site enough, then mention motoring heritage, history blah blah. They love that sort of stuff.

#54 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

And reported. 

Though i wonder what would happen if we wrote to MPs stating something about ebay not policing illegal practices on their site enough, then mention motoring heritage, history blah blah. They love that sort of stuff.

Why not?

#55 Big Sam

Big Sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

Oh i wasn't suggesting it was a bad thing! I remember doing the last mail shot, though i can't remember what for now!

#56 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:30 PM

Oh i wasn't suggesting it was a bad thing! I remember doing the last mail shot, though i can't remember what for now!

Oh i know that mate, im saying go for it!

#57 Mk1Dave

Mk1Dave

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:07 PM

How many people who have been playing with minis from when you could buy them for £50 with tax and test still have old log books lying around?

#58 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

How many people who have been playing with minis from when you could buy them for £50 with tax and test still have old log books lying around?

Probably loads!

I used to just write SCRAPPED across the logbook in marker pen and post it to DVLA.

I still have the numberplates for some of my old now scrapped Mini's but they just live on the garage wall

#59 Mk1Dave

Mk1Dave

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:17 PM

There's got to be loads lying around from pre sorn days. We never used to bother sending them back as scrapped. If went looking I could probably find some

#60 RossKnight

RossKnight

One heck of a member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: JKSA MOC

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

Not much of this one left aha

http://www.ebay.co.u...192635905&rt=nc

Edited by RossKnight, 13 October 2014 - 11:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users