Photo

Speaker Wire Connections

Best Answer Dan , 20 October 2014 - 08:44 PM

I believe these mouldings take what are called 'Junior Timer' terminals, but to be sure you should probably buy an ISO moulding and terminals together as there are very tiny differences between some of these terminal types. That way you can completely replace the connector if needed. A company called Pole Volt have ISO sets for a couple of quid. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 m1santhrop3

m1santhrop3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:44 PM

i'm going to change my head unit and add some front speakers to go with the factory rear speakers.

the head unit has six female jack sockets (see photo) and also an ISO wiring harness. why are there R/L sockets if the speakers are connected through the ISO connector?

is it because some head units only have use of the ISO power block and others use ISO power and speaker?

Attached Files

Edited by m1santhrop3, 20 October 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#2 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:22 PM

The phono outputs are pre-amp connections that are used to supply an amplifier at line level, they aren't for speakers. The amplified speaker connections are through the ISO connector as you say.

#3 m1santhrop3

m1santhrop3

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

Thank you.

So i have ISO currently installed, however the speaker block only has the two rear speakers connected leaving four empty spaces for connecting front speakers.

What size and type of crimps will i need to connect the bare speaker cable ends of the new front speakers to the ISO speaker block?

Attached Files

Edited by m1santhrop3, 20 October 2014 - 07:06 PM.

#4 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:44 PM   Best Answer

I believe these mouldings take what are called 'Junior Timer' terminals, but to be sure you should probably buy an ISO moulding and terminals together as there are very tiny differences between some of these terminal types. That way you can completely replace the connector if needed. A company called Pole Volt have ISO sets for a couple of quid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users