#61 miniyellowmini

miniyellowmini

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

Ordered this morning, just need to get the Mini finished as it currently has no NS inner/outer sill, doorstep or heelboard end and the subframe is off! :ohno:

Edited by miniyellowmini, 12 January 2015 - 08:29 PM.

#62 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:37 PM

To be be honest it was awful last year, you get in the line a few hours before the row next to, and they then get let out before you. Buy the time you get there with the heating on to cool the engine, sweeting like a pig in a slaughter house, you just want to start on the 3 and a half hour drive home. Oh and they also run out of the corgi models. (Managed to win one at imm though). That's why I'm not going this year.
Also the fact meights not going to be ready.
I'm not slating lsmoc.

Edited by BronkoMini, 12 January 2015 - 08:39 PM.

#63 Wiggywithahailo

Wiggywithahailo

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

Hi jt I'm between Hertford and ware if I don't get mine finished you an pick me up on the way through😄

#64 phebs

phebs

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:44 PM

if i buy one soon and put the BMW MINIS reg on it but get the city ready in time, can i just change to it???

#65 90BHP

90BHP

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Local Club: Back Street Minis

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:52 PM

if i buy one soon and put the BMW MINIS reg on it but get the city ready in time, can i just change to it???

I've turned up in the wrong car before, provided its a mini nobody checks. Been going since '98 and it's always been fine. There is a way to let them know though - which of course is only polite ;)

#66 phebs

phebs

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

fair point and they will be much happier if i turn up in the city e (me too.LOL)...

#67 Will16

Will16

Wants a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:39 PM

Brought my ticket this morning :D , will be my first

If anyone is going down Sunday morning from Oxford area, I'd be happy to convoy.

#68 petey81

petey81

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:44 PM

To be be honest it was awful last year, you get in the line a few hours before the row next to, and they then get let out before you. Buy the time you get there with the heating on to cool the engine, sweeting like a pig in a slaughter house, you just want to start on the 3 and a half hour drive home. Oh and they also run out of the corgi models. (Managed to win one at imm though). That's why I'm not going this year.
Also the fact meights not going to be ready.
I'm not slating lsmoc.

I totally agree.
Last 2 years was spent sitting in traffic,watching idiots driving stupidly. I now drive down early get a cooked breakfast and chill out in my own time.
Oh cheaper to use private driveways on parkatmyhouse.

#69 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:47 PM

All booked and ready to go. This will be my 6th run! One of my favourite weekends of the year. A truly special event, well organised and it really does feel like a celebration of the classic Mini in all it's guises.

#70 petey81

petey81

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

All booked and ready to go. This will be my 6th run! One of my favourite weekends of the year. A truly special event, well organised and it really does feel like a celebration of the classic Mini in all it's guises.

It has been like that in the past but had a few bad experiences.

#71 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:54 PM

Anybody that complains about overheating cars needs to fix their car so that it doesn't overheat before doing a Mini show in the height of summer and ques, well, It's 2500+ cars going from London to Brighton on a popular tourist weekend, what do you expect? It makes me laugh when people complain about sitting in the que at Crystal Palace for an hour or two, isn't that part of the fun? Thousands of Minis being released into London to cause havoc? Crystal Palace park has one entrance and one exit and we all use the same one on the Sunday morning, being released into a 3 way intersection with normal road traffic and tonnes of busses and taxis. Again, what do you expect?

Organise it better yourselves and see how it goes but I'm sure L2B will still be here in 10 years unlike anything else 

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 12 January 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#72 petey81

petey81

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:57 PM

Anybody that complains about overheating cars needs to fix their car so that it doesn't overheat before doing a Mini show in the height of summer and ques, well, It's 2500+ cars going from London to Brighton on a popular tourist weekend, what do you expect? It makes me laugh when people complain about sitting in the que at Crystal Palace for an hour or two, isn't that part of the fun? Thousands of Minis being released into London to cause havoc? 

Organise it better yourselves and see how it goes but I'm sure L2B will still be here in 10 years unlike anything else 

My car has never overheated i just had a few issues in the past. I wont go into details as best i dont.

#73 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

If you were one of the victims of the sheer idiocy that happened last year in the form of wheel nuts and cars being tampered with I understand your concerns. I can only HOPE that it was a member of the public since the park isn't closed for Mini fans only, and not one of our own.

Hopefully the Crystal Palace end's security will be increased this year. 

#74 oscat

oscat

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

If you were one of the victims of the sheer idiocy that happened last year in the form of wheel nuts and cars being tampered with I understand your concerns. I can only HOPE that it was a member of the public since the park isn't closed for Mini fans only, and not one of our own.

Hopefully the Crystal Palace end's security will be increased this year. 

I was so disappointed upon hearing this last year. I really shouldn't have to, but I intend on checking my wheel nuts on the Sunday morning  before I head down to Brighton. There is definitely a special place reserved in hell for the people that did this, although I still can't convince myself that there is anyone involved in the mini scene that would sink this low :(

#75 petey81

petey81

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:10 PM

I actually mark my wheel nuts now! If any of you medway guys see my mini parked up take a look. Steering lock bar and padlocks on bonnet pins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users