#1 Volf

Volf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:17 PM

Sup peeps

As some of you know, I have a Mini Neon and to those who have a Neon in is ture colour, Will know its called "Nordic Blue"...

Last year when I parked next to another Neon, the colour was diffrent, but I was told, its Nordic blue...

...hhmmmmm

I have notied that my white roof paint work, is starting to flake off... Has my Mini been resprayed once in its life? Hard to tell... I only ask as I got a "Touch up kit" Got it with the Paintcode... but once put onto the mini, the colour is darker...

Any ideas? And any photos of a Neon with Nordic blue so I can compair?

#2 cooper_shaz

cooper_shaz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:45 AM

There is a real good chance the car has been painted, most minis have
if the roof paint is flaking and your are seeing white paint underneath then the prep work has been done poorly.

As for the colour being different, it is possible the car car sprayed a different shade, or the paint has faded over the years.

Posting pics up wont really help you as individual monitor, computer and screen settings can make identical photos look different on each computer.

lift the carpet, or look in the boot or under the seat and try you paint match there as there is a good chance it will be original colour.

unless it was a bare shell respray (not likely by the sound of the roof preparation) you should be able to find some evidence of a respray somewhere, dimples in the paint, a slight run, dry spray, over spray...

what your really looking at is going to a paint factors and getting them to manaully mix the paint to the shade of the car..

#3 terryb

terryb

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Local Club: HAMOC

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:53 AM

Hi All, :w00t:

My Jerri (neon) is going to need a re-spray at some stage. Does anybody know where to get the little neon stipes etc from so that I can have new ones put back on?

Ta muchies
Terryb

#4 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:19 PM

chances are you'll have to get them made up, though some decals are still available, mostly 1275gt and mayfair though, or anything cooper badge related.

find a pic of the neon lines, and get you local sign writer guy to make up some vinyl ones for you if you can't ge them elsewhere.

#5 bert998

bert998

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:20 PM

try www.idlegear.co.uk

they might not show them on their site but he probably has them.

Edited by bert998, 11 September 2006 - 01:21 PM.

#6 JuaniKart

JuaniKart

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Local Club: Audley End Mini Club

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:43 PM

i had (or still have as i havent changed it in the paper work!) :'( a Nordic Blue mini, i sort of gave up on the paint as i didnt really liked it..

code for the paint is:

Nordic Blue - JQV (BLVC863)

or check: http://www.minicolou...ay.cgi?code=863

#7 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:35 PM

The site with vinyl stickers just seems to have universla sticker for pimping cars. most look like they aren't specifically for the mini, rather more they are just small vinyl decals that could be used on a mini. :proud:

#8 ballen

ballen

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:36 AM

The site with vinyl stickers just seems to have universla sticker for pimping cars. most look like they aren't specifically for the mini, rather more they are just small vinyl decals that could be used on a mini. ;D

I thought that when I visited the site looking for Checkmate decals, however, he had a stand at Stanford Hall and had loads of different decals for various models (unfortuantly no Checkmate ones on the day), so its defiently worth firing off an email to him.

#9 terryb

terryb

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Local Club: HAMOC

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:17 PM

Thanks all ..

Will print this and put it in my little mini file.........

Sad women has to file most stuff in her life.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users