Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

Hello everyone,

Harry and I never intended to make a profit from the calendar, however we have failed and ended up making £77.74.  

There were two factors that lead to us make a profit.  Firstly, I received two extra calendars in the first run, which I sold so they made a good profit.  Secondly, we did a second run which was cheaper to do than the first run as we didn't need to pay for the set up fees.  However, we felt that we couldn't sell the second run calendars cheaper than the first run, so that came in at a profit.

I've donated £77.74 to Macmillan and registered it with the postal address that TMF use.   I struggled with the screenshot on my PC, so took a photo of my screen and also took a screenshot of the confirmation email on my iPad.  

I think Harry is starting 2016 calendar photo competition thread on 1st February, so keep your eyes peeled for that :-)

I hope that those who bought a calendar understand why we ended up with a profit and are okay with the profit being donated to Macmillan in TMF's name.  

Cheers,

Tanya

TMF%20Macmillan_zpsguapgt2t.jpg

TMF%20Macmillan%202_zpsjha7emph.png

#2 998kid

998kid

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

Great to hear it has been donated to a good cause :)

#3 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

Great work, and what a worthy cause.

#4 ibby4585

ibby4585

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:21 PM

Well done. Great cause. Sorry I missed the calenders this year but will go for one next year.

#5 RedRuby

RedRuby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

Well done on the profit, albeit not your intention and a good cause supported. I would not be averse to you adding say a pound to the cost of each calendar and donating future profits to a good cause. Maybe by selecting 3-4 worthwhile charities and asking members to vote for a favourite and then donating to that one for that year.

#6 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,420 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:19 PM

I don't think anyone would have complained if you'd kept it, considering the sterling job both of you have done. 

It wouldn't be a bad idea to aim to make a similar profit this year, I'm sure we'd all hate for you to be out of pocket if something went awry when you're doing us all a good turn. Then, if it all goes without a hitch, you can make another donation to a good cause of your choice.  :thumbsup:

#7 Rocket.

Rocket.

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

Nice one !

#8 Mini Waco

Mini Waco

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

You are more than fabulous!  My wife and designed and sold calendar for Malamute rescue of the years and it was a tremendous amount of effort.  Kudos to you both !!!

#9 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

Great calender this year, I'm really chuffed with mine,  top marks to you both for your efforts. Just need to manage to take some decent photos so I stand a chance of getting a picture in next years, the competition is very tough with so many great photographers on here (well better than me)

#10 Orange-Phantom

Orange-Phantom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:00 PM

I got my calendar the other day and I must say a big thank you for it!  :-)

Hey it made a small profit which went to a damm good cause thanks to your efforts!  So that's an extra bonus in my view so certainly no complaints from me, just compliments!

#11 Bubblebobble

Bubblebobble

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:03 PM

I will get a calender next year , and i really wouldnt mind if some of that went to charity as part of it . Just a thought .

#12 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:06 PM

why don't we charge an extra £1 for each calander and make a donation to a different charity every year....... :highfive:

#13 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:45 AM

Thank you so much for the effort you both put in to it all and for donating to such an awesome charity x

#14 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:18 PM

Well I think it's pretty bad that you made a profit to be honest. I know you put a lot of time and effort in, but ripping off TMF members isn't what it should be about.

Only joking!! I think the idea of making a little extra on it for charity is fine. I also think that most people would be fine with it flowing back through the forum (although I know it's separate from the actual forum) to keep it running nicely would be acceptable as well.

#15 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:22 PM

That's awesome that a profit was made and has been donated to such an amazing charity.

Thanks once again :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users