#16 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

Have you tried snow foam with a jet wash? Only problem I've had is the pressure being too high for the window seals on my car. I don't have that problem now... It's broke. :ohno:  :xxx: It's just another option. :D

#17 Perrylawrence96

Perrylawrence96

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Local Club: essex mini club

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

Have you tried snow foam with a jet wash? Only problem I've had is the pressure being too high for the window seals on my car. I don't have that problem now... It's broke. :ohno:  :xxx: It's just another option. :D

yeah I have one for my karcher jet wash! also have a mesto Hand snow foamer! its like a gym work out ahahaha

#18 hellom8

hellom8

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

When I paint corrected my 91 Mayfair I did the following:-

Decontamination using IronX.

Clay bar'd it.

Used my DAS PRO DA polisher with a white hexlogic pad and megs 205.

Sealed with collinite 915 wax.

That got rid of a lot of the swirls and scratches, but I didn't want to use a yellow pad and megs 105 first as I didn't want to risk striking through the paint.

Cheers pal...

looking at getting a rotary polisher soon, the hexlogic pads are suppose to quite fierce tho am I right?

My daily driver is a 2013 Cooper S and that has very hard paint.  I originally got the DA and pads for this.

My classic has pretty soft paint, but I didn't find the hexlogic white to be an issue.

When I polish it now I use a black pad and a glaze.  This only covers up imperfections but is nice and safe and leaves a great finish.

#19 minisilverbullet

minisilverbullet

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts
  • Name: Craig

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

As for your swirl marks, I have always had good results with meguiars ultimate compound. I have only ever used with my DA. 

my DA is similar to this,

SpotRepairKit022_zpsaf7a04f9.jpg

Real easy to use. 

#20 jsiggee

jsiggee

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:34 PM

For the detailers-

Im a big detailer, love detailing soooo much!

But never detailed my mini? sounds stupid I know.. I got into detailing as I put my mini off the road and only detailed My dads Alfa Romeo GT which has the nicest metallic I've ever seen, my Daily car and a few friends cars...

I use Juicy details/auto finesse/ 50 cal detailing etc.. I just wanted to see what products mini lovers use?

I want to find a degreaser that is safe for under the engine bay, arches and some parts off the body work without damaging my paint!

also my mini is swirl crazy at the mo, I have a 95 mini sprite.. anyone recommend a compound polish to cut into the paint and get the swirls and light scratches out?

Cheers-Pel

I use a number of products, AutoGlym SRP is good for light swirls and gives a good gloss. However for correction I use a DAS-6 polisher and Menzerna compounds, you don't need a compound which is too aggressive as you will just take more of the top coat off. Generally I try to avoid polishing unless its needed. most important step for me is surface prep to get the surface smooth and contaminant free so you get the best gloss and then of course a good wax. I tend to either use Simoniz no.1 which is hard work but lasts a long time or Poor Boys Natty's paste which is really nice to work with!

Under the engine bay I tend to use Gunk and wash it off after then go over with Autosol on the shiny bits.

#21 Perrylawrence96

Perrylawrence96

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:40 PM

minisilverbullet - what polisher is that mate?

and cheers guys! I don't polish my cars unless a paint correction is needed! Im using Juicy Details  Christmas wax at the moment that is really affective and gives that sexy smooth gloss finish with the best beading action! I always seal my wax and paint with Juicy details crystal sealant I think its called? its amazing. you can even seal the wheels, under the arches and fiddly bits around the engine bay. Autobrite do this fantastic product called ' Jaffa ' which will work amazing with mini's! im going to try that soon!

just wanted a rough idea on compounds to use! cheers guys

#22 jsiggee

jsiggee

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

I use Menzerna SF4000 and SF4500 if thats any help

#23 minisilverbullet

minisilverbullet

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,799 posts
  • Name: Craig

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:44 PM

minisilverbullet - what polisher is that mate?

and cheers guys! I don't polish my cars unless a paint correction is needed! Im using Juicy Details  Christmas wax at the moment that is really affective and gives that sexy smooth gloss finish with the best beading action! I always seal my wax and paint with Juicy details crystal sealant I think its called? its amazing. you can even seal the wheels, under the arches and fiddly bits around the engine bay. Autobrite do this fantastic product called ' Jaffa ' which will work amazing with mini's! im going to try that soon!

just wanted a rough idea on compounds to use! cheers guys

http://www.autogeek....-polishers.html

I don't have that particular one, but one similar. 

#24 Perrylawrence96

Perrylawrence96

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

do you have any before and after pictures off it in action?

#25 Perrylawrence96

Perrylawrence96

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

cheers minisilverbullet

ill look into one off them, they look so cool

#26 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:01 PM

I used to be well into detailing my cars, now they just get 2BM using dodo juice shampoo, dry and done :P

#27 Perrylawrence96

Perrylawrence96

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

I used to be well into detailing my cars, now they just get 2BM using dodo juice shampoo, dry and done :P

ive only used dodo juice once.. the ifoam apple snowfoam and I must say.. it didn't foam at all!!! I haven't gone near them since ahaha

#28 jsiggee

jsiggee

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:40 PM

do you have any before and after pictures off it in action?

Unfortunately I haven't got a before but This was my bosses car, he had used washing up liquid and a yellow washing up sponge to clean it in the past and had heavy swirls all over and was quite dull, this is the after picture. I was very pleased with how it came up.

IMG_1704_zps089c3d81.jpg

#29 Perrylawrence96

Perrylawrence96

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:54 PM

dude that looks amazing! black is always such a good car to look at after a nice detail! the reflection shots are unreal!! haaha

#30 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

Combination of Menzerna polishes and Megs pads created this before my trip to IMM....I was fairly happy with it :D

50A6F777-DCF1-45DC-A100-8A48C1375580_zps

2EECC5F7-672C-467C-B9E6-02FB8EAAAFA6_zps

7147EB22-D190-4EA0-86DD-EE29B5170CA3_zps

BDAC02A2-697F-4426-A9A6-8547811DBF47_zps

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users