• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MiniGrin

MiniGrin

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Local Club: Loud 'N' Lairy MOC (Sheffield)

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:48 PM

LAST MINUET RUN! SHEFFIELD MATLOCK! DASHr club

Okay, when I say last minuet.. i mean last minuet!

Its tomorrow, Saturday the 7th February 15. I was bored, and asked a mate if he fancied a drive out.

SO the run is a 38 mile run, with approximately 1hr 30 mins driving time. It begins at 1:00, after lunch, at the Travelers Rest pub in the hope valley (nr bradwell) just outside Sheffield, S33 9HG

It will take us up through bradwell, onto tideswell, then onto litton, to cressbrook, up monsal head, then into bakewell, and out to matlock bath. We then go onto the cromford t junction. From here, we turn left, and then the second towards grangemill. We go on past Winster, back to rowsley, then past the chatsworth estate, and onto the devonshire arms in Pilsley.  See map, im expecting tiny numbers as its the day before, so no need for the rout plan. 

So the main details:

Start at Travelers rest pub carpark, Bradwell, S339HG at 1:00pm Saturday 6th Feb

Pause monsal head P&D carpark, approximatly 1:35pm

End Devonshire Arms Pilsley, DE45 1UL, 3:00pm

I am the long haired weirdo in a leather Jacket and a beet up blue Classic Mini Clubman GT.

As normal, the disclaimer: This is not a timed event, race, rally or convoy, it is just a guided rout. You are responsible for your own driving and actions. Drive within yours and your cars limit, I take no responsibilities for you.

Thanks, 
James Newsam - DASHr Organiser

Attached Files

#2 darekforest

darekforest

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:22 PM

Same route as last year?shame its tomorrow,cant make it :(

#3 MiniGrin

MiniGrin

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:28 PM

its a smaller section of last years, and this isnt one of our main ones, its just a quick little one, me and a mate are going for a drive, and i figured others may aswell come if they fancied it. 

The first proper run will be in late April early May.

#4 MiniGrin

MiniGrin

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:07 PM

As expected, it was just me and my mate :P it was a long shot that anyone can make it with such short notice. Anyway it was me in my destroyed and not at all to my taste Clubby GT, last drive before its restoration on Monday. And my mate in his lightly modified mk2 mx5. We ended up taking that rout, and then going on another 30 mins after the end point taking in a spectacular view point..... photo opportunity me thinks. ;) It stayed dry for us, if a little cold, escaped most all traffic and had a blast on the twisty turny little roads in the area.

Keep an eye on the club blog page for the next run, however I will try to post them up here about a month or so before im running it.

Thanks, 
James Newsam - DASHr Organizer

start_zps9fdc74c4.jpg

e1_zps2fb097d5.jpg

e3_zps16a54a3f.jpg

e2_zps335635cd.jpg

end_zps5bb1d214.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users