#1 samt88

samt88

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:50 PM

Hi guys, 

Sadly, the mini has got to go. I've had a great run with it for the last year and a half but now that I am doing far more motorway miles I need something a bit more modern and safer - the mini is terrifying sitting at 60 on the M4! 

I was hoping to have it in tip top condition for selling - the radio head unit is currently disconnected as the wiring needs sorting out. However, two weeks ago I was cycling to work in London and got hit by a car resulting in a broken right leg and shattered left kneecap so, safe to say I shan't be able to work on it for a while! 

In the last six months I've spent over £500 sorting things out. The rear subframe was rusting away so I had it replaced with a refurbished one. The front subframe and engine mounts all needed replacing so that has all been done. The oil and filter was replaced about a month ago, and the thermostat was replaced and the coolant system flushed and refilled with anti freeze. It has an MOT until June this year, and all the advisories from last year were fixed. 

The MOT had the following advisories, which have all been fixed:

Nearside front upper suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint

Offside front shock absorber has a light misting of oil 

Nearside/offside steering rack gaiter deteriorated 

Both from and N/S/R tyre worn on outer edges 

Exterior:

Obviously, a car of this age is not perfect, however I do still get compliments on how clean it looks! I've tried to photograph all the rust so you can see for yourself. Whenever I spotted rust, I ku-rusted it straight away and continued to do so every few weeks after washing it. There was a hole in the passanger side sill but that has been welded up. I think there is an oversill on the driver side, but that was not put there by me. 

Interior:

It has a clean interior, the rubber mats are starting to fall apart slightly but the carpet, both front and rear is very clean. Seats have no rips in them and are, again, very clean. I made a few modifications inside, starting with adding a rev counter. I found a set of triple clocks with a grey surround so it matches the rest of the interior. The mileage was changed to reflect the mileage when I changed the clocks over. I have also upgraded the radio. There are two 4.5" Focal IC100 speakers in AP pods (from optimise automotive) sitting in the front powered by a Panasonic MVH-BX560T head unit. As I mentioned above, this is not currently working as the wiring needs work, and unfortunately I am currently unable to do this. When it does work, the system is really good, there’s a mic to the right of the clocks which means you can also use it for handsfree calling which is really useful! 

Mechanical:

The car runs very well and is pretty low mileage with just 38,110 on the clock. The engine always starts from cold, and starts practically instantly from hot. It has a stage 1 kit fitted, with the exhaust adjusted and then tuned by mini speed in west byfleet. Their tests showed it produced 40 bhp at max power, I’ve got the printout etc for that. The gearbox is smooth and it has no problem engaging any of the gears, changing up or down. It has been well maintained, the cooling system has been flushed twice and the oil changed once. I was planning on looking at the points before selling, but unfortunately I can’t do that anymore! On motorways I tend to get around 44mpg and around town around 32mpg. The front tyres were changed in November. 

Looking for £2500, but open to offers. Feel free to come and have a look, my dad should be able to take you for a test drive! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. 

For the photos see this album: http://imgur.com/a/9p3nF

Sam

Edited by samt88, 08 February 2015 - 07:31 PM.

#2 g1ant

g1ant

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:40 PM

Sorry to read about your accident. Where in the uk are you?

Best
Matt

#3 samt88

samt88

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:29 PM

Cheers mate, recovering now! Sorry, should've said. Based in SW20 - Wimbledon. 

#4 samt88

samt88

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

Reduced to £2300

#5 simplyminis

simplyminis

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Local Club: m4minis

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

its not over priced at that money, i just sold one within 48hrs of it going up for sale for £2200 in similar condition, maybe even yours is a bit better

#6 samt88

samt88

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:50 PM

Thats good to know, cheers mate!

#7 samt88

samt88

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

Reduced to £2000

#8 Rigolle

Rigolle

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:08 PM

Its ashame you are the other side of London! I'm based in Southend and work in East London, are you close to any train stations?

#9 samt88

samt88

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:38 PM

Raynes park is the closest, nice easy train from Waterloo!

#10 samt88

samt88

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:38 PM

Raynes park is the closest, nice easy train from Waterloo! Either a 20 minute walk or 5 minute bus ride to my house.

#11 Rigolle

Rigolle

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

I'll send a pm in abit to arrange a time to find a good time to pop over, not been anywhere near Raynes Park for 10yrs.

#12 samt88

samt88

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

No longer for sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users