37 replies to this topic

#31 Sunshine

Sunshine

Friend of TMF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:12 AM

my carpet has been resting in the airing cupboard all night so should be dried out by now. Will need to go over it with Febreeze so i doesn't smell.

I did brace myself against the cold and impending shock of the damage done by the little metal eating monster and went to take a peek at damage. Cowboy will have to get the welder out again today since it still looks a bit like swiss cheese. I'm just thankful that he is on Christmas leave now so we have the time to get this work done. On monday went I went out to the car the carpet was very frosty from all the water.

At least there is only one more bad patch of rust that needs dealing with then we can start getting it ready (save the money) for a re-spray to make it look smart and nice.

#32 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:53 AM

that crome strip is a pain aint it

only if you don't have the right tool mark..

#33 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 02:11 PM

update from work carried out today, the holes under teh pass wing have now been done just waiting for a little while for the rain to stop a bit so i can go and underseal it and put the wheel back on.

need to add a bit of bodyfiller to step to make it look neat after welding up the holes in it, and teh drivers wing still needs a coat of primer..

new seal arrived yesterday so hopefully get that fitted later aswell..

mitzy is feeling a little happier now she no longer resembles a swiss cheese :lol:

:wales: :grin:

#34 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 02:11 PM

all that work fitting the chrome insert and now i have to take it all out and do again..

Edited by cowboy, 24 December 2004 - 02:12 PM.

#35 ReBorne

ReBorne

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 11:00 PM

*sniff* My old red & white mini was called Mitzi *sniff*

Dang, looks like your poor car needed as much done as my current one!
Still, that's why we love 'em, isn't it?!? lol

(",)

#36 Al*

Al*

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  • Local Club: ERC / SMOA

Posted 23 January 2005 - 07:33 PM

hey sunshine did you ever get that roof rack you bought on?

Al

#37 Sunshine

Sunshine

Friend of TMF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 10:44 PM

well, at the beginning of the month, i finally had autoglass come and replace the windscreen just in time to start doing the school runs again. Mitzy was sure glad to get going again!!

No Al*, the roof rack still isn't on but it will be soon. Still have some swiss cheese to sort out if I ever get a nice day/weekend. But hoping to get it in there soon :thumbsup:

#38 Sunshine

Sunshine

Friend of TMF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 08:45 AM

Things are starting to look good on Mitzy now.

Cowboy has repaired the rust around petrol tank (outside of car) and it looks awesome... i was very happy. We thought that was it for the rust repairs (ok, that was silly.. i admit it) except for replacing the passenger door. I dont want the other door put on until time for a respray because it will looks silly... it is a brown door going on a silk green car. As i said, i thought we were done until the other day after taking the kids from school, I walked around the passenger side form the back to find the A panel rusting out at the bottom. I couldn't see it before since it is along the door hinge. Luckily it's not too bad and it can be done when the other door gets put on.

I cant wait now for the respray, but since I am going to Canada at Easter to see my family, it will have to be out on the back burner for now. The money we could have used for the painting has benn spent on my plane ticket.

After the respray it's just a matter of putting the chrome bumpers on and side sills. I was also promised the chrome door handles too.. think i will also be putting on the scratch gaurds too.

Only thing that is ticking me off right now, is the wipers. We bought the new chrome wipers and arms awhile back when we went to a show. Looks great on the car, but the rubber blades are all pocked and not clearing the water from my windscreen. So, we put on a new set that we have spare to find the same problem! For the moment I have barry's set of wiper blades on the car since he is away quite a bit the next few weeks and I will need my Mini everyday with the kids. I willknow always check the condition of the rubber strip on the blades! (I f anyone wants to know where I got them from, it is from a vendor who is at every mini show with the green and white striped gazebo with his wife and little girl. I will not be buying form him again and will pay a bit more. It is the same guy who sold us the set of chrome bumpers and sill strips which he forgot to give us the screw to affix which was included in the price.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users