161 replies to this topic

#46 Chance

Chance

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:20 PM

Ive read guys book...he doesnt really like the TV stuff..channel 4 apparently asked him to present a car show they were planning...maybe 'for the love of cars' and he declined because he doesnt really like cars or something like that...

He also bought a v12 vantage and said it was boring.

He does the TV stuff when its interesting or a good opportunity to do something new he says.

Good book..i enjoyed it

Edited by Chance, 11 March 2015 - 09:20 PM.

#47 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:28 PM

I saw him at the TT last year, he was apologising for not being able to sign more autographs as he was in a hurry. 

He was trying to eat, carrying a paddock stand and signing autographs.

Seemed like a really genuine bloke

#48 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

Ive read guys book...he doesnt really like the TV stuff..channel 4 apparently asked him to present a car show they were planning...maybe 'for the love of cars' and he declined because he doesnt really like cars or something like that...

He also bought a v12 vantage and said it was boring.

He does the TV stuff when its interesting or a good opportunity to do something new he says.

Good book..i enjoyed it

I love how he call his mum Big Reta and his Nan Double Decker Lil lol apparently you can't mess with either of them lol

#49 Chance

Chance

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:41 PM

Reading his book he does come across as a proper top bloke..

Yeah he mentioned double decker lil on his india program lol

I do like how he still has his 'normal' job and his racing as a hobby that turned into a career if you like

Anyway about clarkson...im not sure what to think...he is abit 'out there' but why share all your internal troubles with the world? Gets blown up massively...and really noone can comment unless they were there so i think its all abit saft really

Then again i hate the media and whole celebrity news soo

#50 !3UMBLEBEE

!3UMBLEBEE

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:42 PM

Im sure I heard guy Martin is even dropping some road races as it's distracting him from 'his job' as a truck.mechanic lol and he's loosing his touch in the trade. Top bloke though!!! Big fan

#51 Ivor Badger

Ivor Badger

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:29 PM

The BBC are forgetting the the story of W G Grace at the cricket match, where the umpire gave him out LBW on the first ball. He walks over to the umpire and told him "they came to see me bat, not you umpire". He refused to go out and made 167.

#52 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

Best response ever! :lol:  :lol:

#53 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:02 PM

So apparently the fracas involved Clarkson throwing a punch at the Top Gear producer when he tried to substitute Jezza's steak dinner with a cold meat salad. Now I don't condone acts of mindless violence, but c'mon, messing with a petrol heads prime beef?? What was he thinking of??

#54 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:31 PM

Haha. He really is an ape!

#55 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:18 PM

Does anyone else find it odd that Clarkson hasn't been arrested if it did actually happened? It makes me question how genuine the claim realy is.

Punching someone is assault. I was attacked by three people in Coventry and the first thing I did (after trying to chase after them and kick the living day lights out of them myself) was to ring the police and report it.

I suppose the one good thing from this all is that it will give them a break which could be used to come up with new and more original material for any future series.

#56 Miniminx71

Miniminx71

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:45 PM

I reckon McLaren, Porsche and Ferrari all have something to do with this. They were all too terrified of going head to head on the track so hypnotised Clarkson to throw a punch and get the show cancelled!! Sorted!

It's all a conspiracy :shifty:

#57 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:51 PM

i completely understand why people dont like Clarkson, but i absolutely love the guy. he says whats on everyone's mind and most of the time he is spot on. too many people get upset over pointless little things these days.

Top Gear is the highlight of my TV year, and the more ridiculous it gets, the more i love it. gutted the rest of the series has been cancelled 

#58 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:12 AM

i completely understand why people dont like Clarkson, but i absolutely love the guy. he says whats on everyone's mind and most of the time he is spot on. too many people get upset over pointless little things these days.

Top Gear is the highlight of my TV year, and the more ridiculous it gets, the more i love it. gutted the rest of the series has been cancelled 

Yup!

You gotta love the specials too. So so ridiculous but hugely entertaining.

I think the main thing that has people disliking the show is that these days it's more for entertainment than for die hard petrol heads. They always only review cars that are out of reach for most people but that doesn't bother me. How boring would it be if they did a review for a family saloon for example. Nobody wants to hear about that.

#59 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,825 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:30 AM

"family who overheard the row say Clarkson told a colleague he would have him fired because there was no hot food at the end of a day's filming."

http://news.sky.com/...colleague-fired

#60 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

Yup!

You gotta love the specials too. So so ridiculous but hugely entertaining.

I think the main thing that has people disliking the show is that these days it's more for entertainment than for die hard petrol heads. They always only review cars that are out of reach for most people but that doesn't bother me. How boring would it be if they did a review for a family saloon for example. Nobody wants to hear about that.

If I was considering buying a diesel Astra I'd go into a Vauxhall dealership and ask to borrow one for the weekend. I plan to do this with an Octavia 4x4 towards the end of the year. (I hope it snows)

I've spoken to Bugatti, and they wont lend me a Veyron to let me see what the top speed is, or let me race it against an RAF plane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users