#1 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:42 PM

Taken from the Facebook Page about the new National Metro and Mini Show at the Motor Heritage Centre at Gaydon next year:

Advance info on the show plans for the 5th June 2016

Club stands, theme for the event and an award for best club stand

Camping available on 4th

Car Gymkhana - a lot of fun to test driving skills rather than speed

Trade stands

Concours classes to be confirmed but likely to be in decades from 1959 to date to accommodate all Mini, Metro and MINI

Non-cours is a bit of fun. classes are likely to be something like Most Non-Functioning Accessories, Worst Interior, Biggest Area Of Rust, Craziest Engine Bay ..... you get the idea. Any suggestions, please let us know!

Further info to follow here, and will let you know when the official website is up and running too

This show comes from an idea that Tracey Lippett had.  I thought it was great, as did Gaydon so it's going ahead next year.

Along with the above, there will also be convoys from Cowley and Longbridge.  I am particularly keen on the car gymkhana as static shows can be a little flat, but like some other people, I don't want to take my car on a track.  The gymkhana will be fun and suitable for all.

While explaining this show to a Mini driver at a local meet, after saying that there was a concours and a non-cours, he asked me if there was intercourse!  Just for clarity, the answer to that is no!  

As this show is very much in the planning stages, now is your opportunity to put ideas forward and if you want to help out and be involved, please do get in touch. Here's the link to the Facebook page - https://www.facebook...17123368574766/

Edited by Tanya, 07 July 2015 - 06:44 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users