Photo

Mitp! Can I Get A Hell Yeah!? Who Wants To Be On Our Stand?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Knuckles

Knuckles

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:42 PM

Is it too late to buy a ticket & stand pass ?

#62 idlethumbs

idlethumbs

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the weekend and for making theo and I so welcome. Jade I think you made a new friend in Theo!

#63 money-penny88

money-penny88

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Local Club: Rusty Flange Club

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:22 PM

I had a great weekend too :) I'm glad you both felt welcome....and hope we didn't traumatise him too much!! (Or you lol). I waved at Theo on the way out but I think he maybe thought it was some crazy lady waving at him haha. Hopefully see you both at the next show!

#64 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

Thanks to all that came and made it such a great show, heres a few of my pictures

11224858_10154120760034119_8611368812856

11900056_10154120762894119_1381680607087

#65 59 Speed

59 Speed

Formally know as Smackfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:09 PM

Hi Guys,

Cheers for making my Brother and myself feel welcome too. Sorry for being unsociable on the Saturday night but my brother (sleep deprived due to his two kids) and myself (migraine) were both screwed. Don't think the three hour drive at 4000 rpm in a car with absolutely no sound proofing helped either :-|.

Hope the pickup / kit / thing was sorted in the end ;-)

Cheers again,
Ian

#66 Tommyboy12

Tommyboy12

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:34 AM

It was not! Ended the weekend being recovered from the entrance of Santa Pod...

DSC_0540_zps7mdujips.jpg

#67 stocky

stocky

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:31 PM

I had a good time despite being a bit thick headed on Sunday morning, hence the sunglasses in the pic. But after I helped push the Jiffy the last 6 or 7 meters (lol) I set off in search of fuel. I had previously tweaked the sender as the gauge was reading higher than what was actually in the tank. I was aware it was still off and set off for fuel as soon as i left Santa Pod. The brain dead nav said the nearest filling station was 2.5 miles away in Harrold.

I set off only to find it didn't exist! I stopped to find the next garage only to hear my electric pump buzzing which means its dry. I coasted out of Harrold and stopped at the side of the road. Sat nav said next garage was 3.1 miles away. In my rush to meet at the priory I had forgotten my Jerry can, So I would annoyingly have to buy another one. so I set off on a walk in the afternoon sun. No less than a half mile I realised I probably should have taken some water with me. I used google maps to find the nearest petrol station and it came up with one 11miles away! I thought sod that i'll check my sat nav again to make sure I'd got the closest one and started walking back. Anyway, just as I got back to the car a bloke in a swanky Jag pulled up and asked if I was ok. I replied I've ran out of fuel (again, those who remember L2B a few years ago will know I ran out then too lol) He said jump in ill give you a lift, Awesome right? Hmm not quite.

I couldn't believe my luck but no less than 10 seconds he offered me a beer and carried on drinking the one he had on the go!. according to him as he wasn't local (from London)  he reckoned the next petrol station would be in Olney, so off we rocket with him constantly fiddling with the volume of his music and telling me how much he hates the old bill and banging on about himself. Turns out Olney didn't have a fuel stop and the next one was Newport pagnell so off we race....

As we were about to pull up he told me to run in and grab a can and fill it up and stick it in the boot and we go. I said no (as I did to the beer) and paid for it like a rational human being and we set back off for the mini even faster than the speed of sound

So after a 20 mile round trip I got back to the mini and filled it with fuel while my new best mate Keith, 49 and a Builder said he'd wait to make sure I was going again, It burst straight into life again and I was bidding farewell after a handshake and I got asked if I wanted some boom for help with my journey home. Turns out boom is speed........

After another decline we parted ways, so I set my sat nav to the nearest petrol station 3.1 miles away and made it there in less than 5 mins, oh the irony

Moral of the story DON'T EVER RUN OUT OF FUEL!!!! Or accept lifts from strangers

Stocky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users