#16 Mini Manannán

Mini Manannán

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:17 PM

This a while ago just after I got a new RH door fitted.  I used Finish Kare 1000P on it, FK1000P really is one truly long-lasting 'wax':

download_20140701_100718_zpsof4tkdrv.jpe

#17 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:30 PM

Looking though this tread makes me really want to have a mini I can clean and make shiny all the time haha.

I have been wanting to give the tro a good detailing to see if I can get the paint on that to shine but I really can't be assed at the moment haha

#18 ShaunaFTW

ShaunaFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Local Club: TurboMinis

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:03 PM

Spent most of the day on Vinnie. Megs 205 and Poorboy's Black Hole via DA, followed by Auto Finesse Desire :thumbsup:

Brownie points for the sticker surely?  :lol:  ;D

19779686916_d2f179912e.jpg

If you've got a DA why are you applying a glaze when you could get a compound that actually cuts? Black hole will only fill any swirls you haven't already removed with 105 instead of correcting them as you would then finish with 205.

To people interested in AF products check amazon regularly, they had Desire for about £80 a while ago but there are much better performing waxes for a lot less.

Edited by ShaunaFTW, 19 July 2015 - 10:06 PM.

#19 jb93

jb93

TMF Noddy Badge holder officially.

• Members
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:04 AM

If you've got a DA why are you applying a glaze when you could get a compound that actually cuts? Black hole will only fill any swirls you haven't already removed with 105 instead of correcting them as you would then finish with 205.

Think you've pretty much answered your own question there pal, well done. :thumbsup:

Edited by jb93, 20 July 2015 - 07:21 AM.

#20 ShaunaFTW

ShaunaFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:03 AM

Think you've pretty much answered your own question there pal, well done. :thumbsup:

I haven't, a glaze doesn't cut. It masks swirls.. A finishing polish wouldn't be enough to take out any marks either unless you have incredibly soft paint.

#21 jb93

jb93

• Members
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:56 AM

I haven't, a glaze doesn't cut. It masks swirls.. A finishing polish wouldn't be enough to take out any marks either unless you have incredibly soft paint.
Why am I applying glaze? 205 on white and black hole on finishing. For enhancement it serves it's purpose well. If you beg to differ, fair play.

Edited by jb93, 20 July 2015 - 08:57 AM.

#22 ShaunaFTW

ShaunaFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:24 AM

Why am I applying glaze? 205 on white and black hole on finishing. For enhancement it serves it's purpose well. If you beg to differ, fair play.

Results are results but if your going to use a glaze you do it before a finishing polish. Just doesn't make much sense to do a temporary fix when it's probably the same amount of work to change product, and correct it so you don't have to keep filling all the time. I wouldn't use a finishing polish on a pad that cuts either but like I've said, results are results.

#23 jb93

jb93

• Members
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:40 PM

Results are results but if your going to use a glaze you do it before a finishing polish. Just doesn't make much sense to do a temporary fix when it's probably the same amount of work to change product, and correct it so you don't have to keep filling all the time. I wouldn't use a finishing polish on a pad that cuts either but like I've said, results are results.

Why would I want to lay a glaze down and then polish it off again? Glaze comes after polish. Whether there is any need for it or not. Polish, glaze, and then LSP (if you can be bothered to put a wax down over a sealant that is). M205 is pretty versatile pal, you can get decent correction out of it to be honest, particularly when not working on german paint. 

Edited by jb93, 14 August 2015 - 09:43 AM.

#24 Corey96Williams

Corey96Williams

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:51 PM

The car looked great in the show, tons of comments on my detail :)

11745336_923580294347723_378980320784362

11738090_923580584347694_148719005697721

Edited by Corey96Williams, 20 July 2015 - 04:51 PM.

#25 AlexMozza

AlexMozza

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Local Club: Not Yet

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:25 PM

You can check out Ammo NYC. There are loads of very detailed videos on detailing.

Very informative!

http://www.ammonyc.com/videos/

#26 ShaunaFTW

ShaunaFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:16 PM

Why would I want to lay a glaze down and then polish it off again? Glaze comes after polish. Whether there is any need for it or not. Polish, glaze, sealant and then LSP (if you can be bothered to put a wax down over a sealant that is). M205 is pretty versatile pal, you can get decent correction out of it to be honest, particularly when not working on german paint.

Why would I want to lay a glaze down and then polish it off again? Glaze comes after polish. Whether there is any need for it or not. Polish, glaze, sealant and then LSP (if you can be bothered to put a wax down over a sealant that is). M205 is pretty versatile pal, you can get decent correction out of it to be honest, particularly when not working on german paint.

I'm just genuinely interested if you've got the tools why you wouldn't just correct it. After using 105 and 205 I've never found the need for anything else other than protection. But then I guess you get into the condition of the paint and how bad your scratches actually are. I've moved away from Megs now and on to Menzerna, it's great polish apart from mlst of the instructions not being in english. It's a dangerous game 'detailing' gets expensive quickly if you aren't careful.

#27 jb93

jb93

• Members
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:35 PM

Because it didn't need correcting.

#28 JewSkii

JewSkii

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Local Club: Looking For One

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:33 AM

Had a stage 3 paint correction and a swissvax came up AMAZING

I5TIPBM.jpg

iXRryEu.jpg

#29 MiniCarJack

MiniCarJack

Formally known as W1NG3D

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:22 AM

Spent an hour thoroughly washing the mini, then another hour with some Turtle Wax which I happened to find knocking about in the cupboard... add some tyre shine for a finishing touch and here is the result:

sBf0I0X.jpg

Also one thing I find makes a HUGE difference to the overall look of the car, is cleaning under the arches deep into the wheel well:

sOzZkHx.jpg

You can probably spot that I missed a few areas, namely the rear valance and on the sill, but after seeing this picture I quickly cleaned them up  :proud:

Edited by W1NG3D, 11 August 2015 - 09:26 AM.

#30 Miniac86

Miniac86

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Local Club: MOCKZN

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users