#1 Awlred Drives a Quant

Awlred Drives a Quant

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Local Club: Tyred and Exhausted

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:47 PM

Yeah pottering about my lil motor of doom again today and realised my Passenger side tie rod is bent however the drivers side one is still straight, As I lay I realised, I haven't a clue what these do, feel like a complete idiot but what the heck do they do, all I can gather from the Haynes Manual is it has something to do with the steering, but I'm not sure, and is having one bent and one straight gonna bugger up my steering and stuff

Cheers

#2 minipip

minipip

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • Local Club: TMF SE

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:04 PM

i a word yes.

they a a bar that hold the wheel in the right position, i found both of mine where in an S shape so promptly went to buy some heavyduity bars since the heavy duties have gone on, its evan more responsive on the steering and feels a lot more solid, they actually hold part of the geomatiry for the wheels, so i would think of replacing that bar eavan both just in case A.S.A.P lol

so yes lol

#3 Don't Panic

Don't Panic

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:10 PM

Bent Tie rods do appear to be quite common, whats important is if the wheels have been aligned with bent tie bars then fitting new ones will put the alignment out... so it may be nessesary to have this checked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users