#1 ProjectDmini

ProjectDmini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Local Club: Floss Daily

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:40 AM

Hello there fellow mini drivers. I'm back again! I had a question and I'm looking for an answer and I can't say for sure that it is this. Let me hear what you got.

I just got a new ignition system about 3 years ago it's installed and runs perfectly fine. Just recently when I inserted my key to start my car, it over spun basically and didn't start. The ignition light for power and electricity is still running through but the motor isn't starting up. So from my guess I think that it is my starter assembly but I'm not quite sure but if so, would i be better off putting in a push start. Please help ASAP!

#2 KernowCooper

KernowCooper

Sparkie

• Mini Docs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Kernow Mini Club

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:22 AM

We need to know what mini you have as the wiring is totallly different? A push start wont rectify anything, if its cranking over at the normal speed there is nothing wrong with the starter

If it is turning over at the normal speed you then need to see iof you have spark on cranking at the plugs, if you have no spark then you need to look at whats triggering the coil and wiring, carry out the normal check to see if you have voltage at the coil + on cranking and when in the on position.

Some more info would help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users