Photo
- - - - -

How Best To Approach Someone With A Mini On There Drive Thst Hasnt Moved In Years?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 SugarCrashedPupski

SugarCrashedPupski

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:41 PM

Hi all,
I am currently looking into getting a mini myself, which much like rhys-89's (before he bought) is sitting on someone's driveway having been unused for quite a number of years. I have also had thoughts of potentially putting a note under the wiper or through the letterbox to see if the owner may or may not be willing to sell. 

Does anyone on this thread have any idea of what sort of information/questions I could write in the note? 

SugarCrashedPupski 

Just stick a note under the windscreen saying you like the mini and would be interested in buying it if they want to sell. Simple as that - I doubt you'll be the first who's asked so maybe follow up with another note or even a knock on the door a week or so later.

I don't suppose you're referring to an orange 1275 gt in Eastleigh?

Not a bad idea, and i'm pretty sure i'm not the first to ask about it, it has been sat there a few years. 

It isn't that one, wasn't even aware a 1275 was in Eastleigh to be perfectly honest

#62 SugarCrashedPupski

SugarCrashedPupski

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:51 PM

If you do put a letter through their door, make sure you have an address and telephone number (usually a landline). It will make you appear a bit more serious and trustworthy.

Seems like sound advice, thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users