#1 PhoenixSimon

PhoenixSimon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Local Club: BOGMOC

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:10 PM

I need to make a copy of my rear lights to put some different lights in, there reliant ones and im wanting to put some small round lights in. I need to make some sort of copy of the shape of the light that I can paint and mount the other lights into.
Aside from using wood the only other way I thought was fibreglass but ive never used the stuff and not sure if I could manage it. I need some sort of super hard foam that i could shape or something.
Any ideas?
cheers Simon

#2 ANDY J

ANDY J

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:36 PM

I need to make a copy of my rear lights to put some different lights in, there reliant ones and im wanting to put some small round lights in. I need to make some sort of copy of the shape of the light that I can paint and mount the other lights into.
Aside from using wood the only other way I thought was fibreglass but ive never used the stuff and not sure if I could manage it. I need some sort of super hard foam that i could shape or something.
Any ideas?
cheers Simon

hi try using expanding foam you can get it from most DIY shops its quite good for making things and u can always fibre over it as well or as you've said wood and some cloth and put fibre resin over it and let it go off than you can put filler or fibre over it to get a smooth finish ??

#3 Steamo

Steamo

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:02 AM

Plaster of paris??
You could set the light which you want to copy into it (cover it with cling film first). Then use that as a mold to make the copy of the light (again using cling film etc to stop its sticking).

#4 PhoenixSimon

PhoenixSimon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Local Club: BOGMOC

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:13 PM

some good ideas guys looks like im gonna be getting my hands dirty soon.
cheers Simon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users