Photo
- - - - -

mini problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:02 PM

helloo peeps right when i have my lights on the car pulls back i have just had a tune up and its still doing it even if i have my head unit on it makes it wores and the car just wont drive it struggles and if i have the wipers and the heater and the lights its in possable to drive plz help me !!!!

some one must no what the problem is i have sopke to people and they dont no what it could be

can u guys help me out

cheers miniallsor :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

#2 walks

walks

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:14 PM

have you had the battery and alternator checked - it may not be holding its charge or not charging properly

#3 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:35 PM

well when it has been sat for ages it starts up fine

i dont understand it

#4 ANDY J

ANDY J

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:29 PM

i dont understand it

sounds like the alternator best way to check is start the car up then disconnect the battery lead while its running if the engine cuts out the alternator is no good ?? :w00t:

#5 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:29 AM

i dont understand it

sounds like the alternator best way to check is start the car up then disconnect the battery lead while its running if the engine cuts out the alternator is no good ?? :w00t:

How does that work???

Go down to your local decent garage or Halfrauds will test a battery or alternator for you. If you have a multimeter you can do it yourself. My money is on your alternator on its way out. Your fan belt does squeal at times does it?

#6 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:51 AM

i dont understand it

How does that work???

Go down to your local decent garage or Halfrauds will test a battery or alternator for you. If you have a multimeter you can do it yourself. My money is on your alternator on its way out. Your fan belt does squeal at times does it?

it was shot a couple on months ago had a new one put on

#7 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:28 AM

Well its worth checking it again!! Don't keep dismissing things just because you've had new ones put on!

If it is shot again you need to then find out what is causing electrical components to mess up!

#8 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:48 AM

ITS GOING IN THE GARGAGE TO HAVE ALL THE CONNETIONS CHECK

#9 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:00 PM

sounds like the alternator best way to check is start the car up then disconnect the battery lead while its running if the engine cuts out the alternator is no good ??

Actually that's just a pretty good way to fry the control circuit inside your alternator and blow all the electronics and bulbs in your car. The alternator in the Mini is a battery sensing type, it needs to be shown a referance voltage of 12v to know what voltage to produce. Without a referance voltage it could produce any output as the revs increase and start blowing electronic circuitry. Also, this wouldn't stop the engine in any case. The battery only starts the engine, the alternator runs it.

Was your fan belt set too tight when the alternator was changed? There should be 1/2" deflection along the longest run of belt.

#10 clarks.2006

clarks.2006

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:58 PM

Could be a short circuit thats what happened to mine (Then my boot filled with smoke and the rest of the car lmao)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users