#1 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:16 PM

hello,

im pretty new to this so here goes, ive got myself a 1098 s reg mini clubman which is off the road at the moment undergoing extensive welding ive got pictures so i will put them on. so far apart from the welding i have bought a e16se vauxhall engine from a nova gte which i have reconditioned and painted up with new gaskets ect, im hoping to be getting the allspeed subframe in the next couple of months once the welding has finished. thers so much to do and the car is at work with limited time spaces to fit it in but im sure there will be lots of questions so prepare your self

i tied to attach a photo i dont think it has worked whats the best way to put photos on
lee
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by lee439, 11 August 2006 - 03:16 PM.

#2 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:27 PM

Use something like photobucket to host them then paste the [img] code given into your post.

#3 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:32 PM

im doing that right now thanks for the advice i will see how it goes it might take a while ive got about 50 pictures to put in there
lee

#4 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:43 PM

cool, projects arent much without lots of pics :w00t:

#5 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:13 PM

done the photo bucket as suggested very easy to use and even for me think im there now ive got quite a few pictures so i will keep updating this thread when i can thanks for the help
lee

Edited by lee439, 11 August 2006 - 03:18 PM.

#6 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:19 PM

new wheels now well 2nd hand anyway wheel nuts and lockers too im hoping to put them under grp 5 arches and the back has spacered drums 1 inch so they should fit nicely

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

Good to see your getting on with it, i need to sort mine out.

If you have any probs ask me or minis84 and we may be able to help, if you've seen his post he is nearly finished on his c16.

#8 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:05 PM

yeah good cheers hows yours coming along ive got ur old boot and bonnet on mine now !

#9 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:41 AM

Ermm slowly, I need to ignore the mrs a bit more and get on with it!

#10 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:55 PM

bit of progress but on the back end welding and new subframe to fit , i have opted for uprated poly bushes on the subframe mounts new fixing kit and a lot of paint with the subframe already gulvanised it should out last the car ! i will be fitting hi lows and gaz shocks too . the sooner the welding is done the sooner the engine can go in .

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:15 PM

That first picture of the post above looks just like mine at the moment. Its a pain in the arse as mines gone on the bottom corner so I have to make it go round! I really sometimes think, 'I really cant take on this sort of challenge and its too much' but when I see that other people are in this position it kind of gives me a bit more confidence :D

Keep up the work, Id be interested with how you get on with it..

Tom

#12 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:50 AM

i had the same thought aswell but once the bad stuff is cut out its not bad i will have photos soon ive made a plate for the top bit and welded it in and need to make the box section which doubles up as the rear bin inside then the subframe offered up and the repair panel spotted on will let you know very soon .

#13 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 05:53 PM

progress ive done some welding on the rear of the car the subframe mounts are not the nicest of jobs but the one side is done now only one problem encounterd with the poly bushes making the rear trinnions too wide but a windy gun compressed them to fit . once the other side is done then the valance and arches can go on with the subframe fit and thats well what i think the hardest part done

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:17 PM

hello ,

im still here ive got a broken camera at the moment but should get it back this monday anyway the rear of the car is finished a big jump from the last pictures i know i will post some pictures next week hopefully
the recon subframe is on the new heel board mounts and the brake lines are all new with the starmags fitted the corner sections in the boot are welded up and im doing the front left at the moment with the floor pan about to be tacked in im hoping all the welding will be done this year and i can get on with the engine fitment.

piccies soon my apologies
lee

#15 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:48 PM

sorry about the splurge of piccies but ive only just got my camera back this is where im at for now with the passenger side should be finished this weeks nearly there with the welding as for the engine its sat still lonely at the moment im on the lookout for a f16 or f17 gearbox with selector but the welding comes first im now contemplating putting it on the road with the 1100 for now until i can gather the parts for the gte lump to go in.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image