68 replies to this topic

#31 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:44 PM

more piccies cleaned up the weld and painted door step on just plate on outside corner and outer sill the a panel and that side is done its looking like a car again now and with a bit of luck i will be on the road soon , looks good with bumper off at the front im de bumpering the rear so no bumpers all round disc are on the front all regreased and cleaned up with new track rod ends too looking at arches now originally wanted gp5 race but not sure now seen some gp6 on minispares i think will have to measure up 3.5 inches will be fine so gp 2s could go anyway seam sealing tomorow and waxoil and welding up last bits on the sill

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:20 PM

hi just outer sill and a panel to go on passenger side ive cut all the rot out of the drivers side and put the doorstep on and floorpan in ive just bought some grp 5 from minispares (hints on fitting gratefully received ) new brake pipe from front to rear as i cut it through while cutting out floorpan oooppps and new petrol pipe piccies will be soon hopefully on the road early next year then getting my subframe for the supernova challenge

#33 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:22 PM

im getting there slowly bit fed up of welding now one final push and i can get it done ive got 2 full days monday and tuesday and i hope i can get a lot done ive bought some grp 5 arches from mini spares along with a new petrol line and front to rear brake line so when the welding is done its just a case of tweeking the engine and getting it motd

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:53 PM

well a change of plan may be in the pipe line ive almost got the damn welding out of the way and im contemplating making my own subframe for the e16se lump from a mini subframe with some help from a freind (vtech matt )

got the outer sill on today and painted a bit up with lots of waxoyl ive made and tacked in the closing plate at the front of the doorstep / sill and tomorow i will be welding that and putting the a panel on and thats that for the passenger side hooray!! drivers side shouldnt be as bad i hope as ive already cut the rot out and welded in the doorstep and floorpan just inner sill and outer sill a panel on that side im aiming to be ready for road use end of jan with a bit of luck..

ps any hints dimensions and measurements for a homemade subby from mini very much appreciated and pics too thanks all

lee

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 jack_marshall

jack_marshall

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 11:32 PM

Lots of welding then mate.

Looks good.

#36 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 06:12 PM

hi, thanks jack and yes a hell of a lot of welding to be honest it was good for the scrappie but once i got so far i had to carry on but im glad of it now and ive finished the passenger side just a bit of filler to even out a bit and thats it ,
jsut want to get it on the road for a spin now but i will have to wait that little bit longer piccies soon
lee

#37 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:38 PM

hello,

one side is finished well almost just got to paint the waxoyl on getting very tired of welding its held me up on my engine plans no end to the extent im gonna run the 1100 for a few months so i can sort my engine bits out ready to drop in , when i get ths bit together from allspeed im hoping to have it done in at least a month hopefully !

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:57 PM

Looks like your doing a great job, Just remember it will be worth it in the end.

With the engine conversion,
if you get everything sorted before hand it shouldn't take very long at all to do the actual conversion.
You could even get to the point of having the engine sat in the frame along with other bits ready to just bolt it in :w00t:
especially if you buy everything pre made.
I dont know if you need a bulkhead box for the gear change, but it might be worth installing it now ready for the engine conversion?????

#39 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:56 PM

I can finally see the light at the end of the welding tunnel about 85% of welding done now just a few bits and bobs a panel and outer sill will soon be able to start cracking on the conversion which this is all about !!!! got a few piccies , im still debating on the subframe homemade or allspeed i know which i prefer as this has taken long enough as it is and i wasnt expecting this much welding , should have looked closer really bit naughty as im a mechanic by trade.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:19 PM

Same as me lee! I thought mine was quite solid til i got it sandblasted, took forever to weld up! Glad its coming along though, at least you've got a good rolling base now.

#41 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:00 PM

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! !!

welding finished just got niggly little jobs to do now , im really pleased with the result just a little tidy up and in for a respray will probably mot and tax it first

I bought this car for £250 delivered and i had the no plate valued the other day for £450 so pretty pleased with that too,

I can finally concentrate on putting my engine together gearbox to find and reversing inlet ect

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:30 PM

Well done!

#43 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:32 PM

Nice one!

You can concentrate on getting that VX lump in now!! ;)

What colour do you think you're going to do it?

#44 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:57 PM

cheers !

just the person i was looking for , im going to spray it focus st orange or asbo orange as its known all over was going to go with blue roof and arches but after a photoshop ive decided allover

minis84 did you reverse your inlet manifold if so have you any pics im going to do it myself

Posted Image

#45 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:30 PM

Yes I did - will get some pics up later tonight as not at home at the moment...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users