4 replies to this topic

#1 TEM

TEM

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:35 PM

I have a used mini and the previous owner had an accident but a cruddy repair job. I need advice on repair. Attached are pictures that explain it pretty much. The right side is OK. But the left side is UGLY. I asked a shop here in Canada and they told me it would cost atleast 300CND (around 150 pounds) to move the wing to the right spot. No guarantees. Is that too much to pay? The right wing doesn't appear damaged but the A panel has lots of filler on it. My other option(cheap) is get creative with body filler. What would you experts suggest? As for the gap between the door and the A-panel, can I just use a surface grinder and filler to make it pretty or is that one of those repairs thats going to bite me in the a$$ later?
Posted Image

Edited by TEM, 11 August 2006 - 07:48 PM.

#2 minidaves

minidaves

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: mine

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:36 PM

I have a used mini and the previous owner had an accident but a cruddy repair job. I need advice on repair. Attached are pictures that explain it pretty much. The right side is OK. But the left side is UGLY. I asked a shop here in Canada and they told me it would cost atleast 300CND (around 150 pounds) to move the wing to the right spot. No guarantees. Is that too much to pay? The right wing doesn't appear damaged but the A panel has lots of filler on it. My other option(cheap) is get creative with body filler. What would you experts suggest? As for the gap between the door and the A-panel, can I just use a surface grinder and filler to make it pretty or is that one of those repairs thats going to bite me in the a$$ later?
Posted Image

change the a panel and realine the wing

dave

#3 Al*

Al*

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  • Local Club: ERC / SMOA

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:00 AM

ooh! another canadian! where abouts are you located buddy?

as for that I would do what minidaves said....

Al

#4 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:22 AM

The replacment "A" panel and wing may be non-genuine
as with the genine panels they need a bit of panelbeating not just fitting
you should have it checked profesionaly , from the pic it shows indication of the "A" post being back a bit (this may not be the case as it is hard to tell from a pic,but worth being sure)

#5 TEM

TEM

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:08 AM

ooh! another canadian! where abouts are you located buddy?

as for that I would do what minidaves said....

Al

I"m from the GTA, Ontario.... I got an A-panel on order. Meanwhile I'm looking for a cheap body-man within reasonable driving distance from here that does mini's...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users