35 replies to this topic

#1 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:54 PM

Hi everyone I have just brought a vtec mini missing a fue parts mainly being the fuel and water systems can anyone tell me where I can source these from now zcars are gone thanks

#2 minigbg

minigbg

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:36 AM

Have Zcars closed down??

#3 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:05 AM

As far as I am aware mate yes they have shut the doors luckily for me I only need a fue parts I have been told by zcars they will let people know where to obtain parts but I have tried calling them but with no answer

#4 minigbg

minigbg

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:29 AM

As far as I am aware mate yes they have shut the doors luckily for me I only need a fue parts I have been told by zcars they will let people know where to obtain parts but I have tried calling them but with no answer

Too bad!!!Im really glad didn`t order the vtec race-kit a month ago. Would be Money up in smoke:(

#5 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:41 AM

When you say the fuel and water systems, do you mean the whole thing or do you have some of the parts?

#6 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:09 PM

Hiya mate I haven't got anything to do with either the fuel system or the water system I have ordered a radiator from a 1.4 lupo I have been reading on here that's the 1 used on zcars front subframe. I think the pipe work and stuff will be easy enough to sort but I will need to have a fuel tank made hopefully it won't cause me to many issues

#7 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:31 PM

I can supply you the sloped tank dimensions.

From memory - the majority of the piping for coolant is 28mm, the pipes that fit the motor are 32mm but that would be worth double checking. You can get 32-28 reducer pipes.

I'd have to dig out the part numbers for the fuel system bits n bobs.

I'll get back to you.

#8 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:43 PM

Any info would be great thanks

#9 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:47 PM

You need a bleed like this, send that to the expansion tank.

25052009004.jpg

This will help when it comes to wiring the wiper motor up:

WIPERMOTORRELAYS.jpg

Fuel tank dims - it'll need tabs welding on the bottom edges to fix it to the frame, don't know that size but it'll be 180 by something....:

FuelTankDimensions.png

This will help with the fuel system setup:

FUELLINEDIAGRAM01.jpg

#10 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:17 PM

Thanks for that you sound like you know allot more than me about these minis how should the rear floor plates on the front subframe sit mine have a 20mm ally block in between the floor and the subframe in my opinion the wheels sit 2 far forward in the arches I have adjusted the bar to adjust the wheel back now the rose joints look about at there last threads not sure if I should take these plates out and try to pull it back

#11 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:27 PM

Threads on a rose joint need to be a minimum of 1.5 times the diameter of the thread inside the fitting, so those rose joints are 5/8" male thread in the trailing arm and need to be a minimum of approx 24mm inside.

Not knowing your kit its really difficult for me to say, sounds like the difference might have to be made up with the arches, less than ideal....

As you go through the build you'll find a lot of things like that will crop up. Its a different world from building a Caterham or other kit car where you get every nut and bolt and instructions....

#12 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:27 PM

Yeah not sure what year the kit is I only brought it last week off a lad in London it's got a 2009 vtec in it lots of trick bits came with the car but no instructions I have transplanted everything in to my shell the only thing I don't realy like about the kit it's a race kit with zcars stearing column but it's far to low so going to have to make some adjustments to that and as I have been reading through the forums I didn't know the car has to go through an iva test I have herd that certain parts of a standard mini don't comply with new regs so it's worried me a bit as my car is all panelled and painted and looks absolutely perfect I don't want to have to go chopping it a out to much

#13 Normal

Normal

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:21 PM

Hello i'am Normal from France(sorry for my english).

My car Volvo ZCARS race full home build:

mms_im10.jpg
mms_im11.jpg
mms_im12.jpg

To help all Zcars builders:

On all ZCARS:
(water radiator) Radiateur eau AV VW Lupo 1.4L 01-05
Réf du radiateur échange: 203 44 1201
Réf OEM VW: 6N0121253L

Rear hubs: Moyeux arrières et roulements Ford Mondéo MK1 MK2 repercés pour entraxes jantes mini 

Front hubs: OEM MINI

On Zcars Volvo
(alternator) Alternateur OEM VOLVO S40 T4
Tendeur alternateur OEM Support alternateur repercé pour nouvelle courroie (drill a hole for the new alternator belt)
Alternator belt: BOSCH 7937  6 PK 915 250

Edited by Normal, 05 November 2015 - 07:43 PM.

#14 bengreen55

bengreen55

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:54 AM

What fuel pump do people use for 2009 vtec I haven't had a tank made yet but trying to gather all parts I need to finish car I am not sure If it needs a certain pump for pressure or use a regulator

#15 Normal

Normal

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:16 PM

You could use a Walbro fp604 or a Bosch 044.

Thats two pumps are external type and you must use a fuel pressure régulator to have the same pressure as original pressure (normaly 3.5Bars)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users