#1 hols_kitty

hols_kitty

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hi everyone

Firstly, I haven't been on here for a while for various reasons - but it's good to be back, and hopefully back on the road in my mini really soon.

My MPI mini needs a bit of attention, simple things (I hope) like the speedo isn't working (just a cable connection?) and it sometimes takes a few attempts to deactivate the immobiliser - and then the big dreaded MOT runs out next month! The problem is I just don't have the time to spend looking at myself at the moment so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good garage local to the Farnham/Aldershot/Guildford area that can help without costing the earth.

As usual I don't have a huge amount of cash either, but I'm missing driving this crazy little beast soooooo much at the moment  - I can't bare to see her sitting at the end of the driveway with no love or attention anymore. 

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

#2 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,899 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:11 AM

The remote sounds like it needs a new battery, the manual tells you how to do it. The speedo would need investigating from the gearbox to the back of the pack as its driven by a cable.

#3 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:15 AM

Key fob, open with a coin or screwdriver. Replaced battery (CR2032 use a good make) check contacts and clean up if necessary. Synchronise by pressing lock button 4 times.

Remember pressing the button harder just means more chance you'll crack the soldered connections between the button and the circuit board!

FS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users