12 replies to this topic

#1 Noldorath

Noldorath

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:32 AM

hello, i am the nube of nubes! i don't even have a lisence yet. i'll hopefully (fingers crossed) pass my test next month. I have recently bought a mini sprite as my first car and in love already. I bought the car already armed with a hanes manual, and have been pouring over it ever since a got the car. Every time sit in it, I find more and more questions in my head, and i was hoping you experienced mini lovers could answer a few. As I say, I am a complete nube and not all the questions are mini specific.

My back seat doesn' fit exactly in the housing and sits a little too far foreward, making legroom even smaller than it should be. how do i combat that?

Where could i get a lock barrel for the boot door without buying the whole set (the doors as well)

Are there any car stereos that look poo but has an aux line-in (so it doesn' get nicked)

What is a good car alarm for the mini, how much does it cost and how much does it save on car isurance?

I'm sorry to bombard you with questions but i had to let it out. if anyone could answer any of them, i would be most greatful

nice to meet you

Nol

#2 walks

walks

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:52 AM

welcome ;D
the back seat should fit behind a small lip at the front for the base and then attach with 2 screws on leather straps , and the back of the seat screws in from under the parcel shelf after you hook it over the top on the parcel shelf - are the rear seatbelts stopping it from going right back, i cant think what else it could be.
The best thing with the stereo is to get one with a detachable face panel, not worth nicking then if you take the face off when you leave the car.
the alarm will savyou a bit on insurance as long as its thatcham approved - not all companys give the same disount though, so check first.
as set of handels is only about £35 for chrome ones, so id buy a set so you can stick with one key.

#3 Noldorath

Noldorath

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for the reply, I will get the set. it does sound easier. the back seats still doesn't fit into the lip but i'm sure I'll figure out something!

#4 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:06 PM

Hello and Welcome! Enjoy the site.

#5 walks

walks

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:14 PM

Thanks for the reply, I will get the set. it does sound easier. the back seats still doesn't fit into the lip but i'm sure I'll figure out something!

try and put up a few pics of the seat, it might be easier to see the problem and help you a bit better then as it should fit in easily ;D

#6 Leonard

Leonard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Local Club: mini rebels

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:57 PM

i have a radio/cassette in the shed ive never used it. it has an input socket. it has a detachable face you can have it for the price of postage. whereabouts do you live?

#7 Noldorath

Noldorath

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:55 PM

Thanks for the offer but i bought myself a casette adapter thingy today so i can listen to whatever i want!

does anybody know what the button next to the full beam switch that looks like (!). the light comes on when you press it down but it switches off as soon as i let go. Can somebody solve the mystery?

#8 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:08 AM

Hello and welcome to TheMiniForum

Enjoy the club B)

#9 Leonard

Leonard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Local Club: mini rebels

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:40 PM

does anybody know what the button next to the full beam switch that looks like (!). the light comes on when you press it down but it switches off as soon as i let go. Can somebody solve the mystery?
[/quote]

haha the mystery brake switch. the light comes on without pressing if the brake fluid level is low. pressing it basically tests that the light works!

#10 mattyoung69

mattyoung69

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for the offer but i bought myself a casette adapter thingy today so i can listen to whatever i want!

there should be an extra question on the theory test for future mini owners to answer about the switch!!

hello and welcome by the way!!

#11 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:35 PM

[quote name='Leonard' date='Aug 14 2006, 06:40 PM' post='333806']
[/quote]

haha the mystery brake switch. the light comes on without pressing if the brake fluid level is low. pressing it basically tests that the light works!
[/quote]

doh... i always make up something really interesting when people ask that.

#12 Noldorath

Noldorath

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:33 AM

[quote name='walks' post='333258' date='Aug 13 2006, 03:14 PM']

try and put up a few pics of the seat, it might be easier to see the problem and help you a bit better then as it should fit in easily ;D
[/quote]

I'll post the photo tomorrow

[/quote]

Thanks, now my mind can lay to rest!

Does anybody know anything about clutches, because I have to push mine all the may into the carpet before it disengages. There is a little bit of play in the clutch as well. I hope it's not expensive

Edited by Noldorath, 15 August 2006 - 12:37 AM.

#13 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

Hello and welcome to TheMiniForum

Enjoy B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users